New brewer from Sacramento

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HerrHepcat

Reaction score
I'm a current software developer and IT manager.

I've always been a wine guy. I like beer, but for a long time, it didn't like me. Somehow I always developed 'digestive issues' after drinking beer.

I think because I have added probiotics to my regular diet, beer doesn't disagree with me anymore.

Yea for me!!!

I'm pretty competent in the kitchen, developing recipes for new dishes that more often than not, really work well. I have a very happy wife. :D

I started reading everything I could, researching different ideas, etc. Often my research lead me right to this site, where long discussions and experiments have been had on just the sort of whimsical idea I bounced around (caramelize lactose for a 'creme brulee' beer for example).

So I ordered my kit, and started a brewin'.

My first batch was a Pumpkin Spice Ale (diving right in 'eh?) It's currently bottle conditioning.

I have a Christmas Spice Saison in primary right now. That Creme Brulee beer will probably get started in a couple weeks.

Because of the incredible use I have gotten from this site so far, it seemed only natural to become a supporting member right away. What I've gotten from this site is worth well over the $25... even before my first post.

Guy I here ya, if an PA is over 80ish, heartburn city here. Still like a little wine now and again, good for the heart and all. :)

Welcome to the board, even with the name of homebrew, a lot of people making wine and meads.

Welcome to the group!

If you love wine (I do) wine kits are wonderful, if a little pricey since you have 30 bottles worth.

You might like the complexity of doing Belgians, they're fun since you can make your own candi sugar and whatnot.

They're also great with oak.

One of my experimental brews on my list is a Pale Ale with wine grape juice added.

A new brewer in Sacramento! Welcome!

We seriously need a homebrew club in this area but people seem to be reclusive brewers here for some reason.

Question, what is up with the wine kits? They always look the Big Daddy Warbucks is in town. LOL

There are guy on the board here, maybe mi, that can make wine and meads for a smaller amount.

Also. ..I love drinking Belgians, so I'm sure is like making them!!!

All my beers will be bottled in belgian bottles and corked. I just like the style.

Back