New brewer from Providence, RI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redroot

Reaction score
Hi guys,

First off I just want to thank everyone here for the wealth of information. I've been creeping in the background for the past few weeks learning as much as I could till i finally decided "hey, since I'm on here so much anyway, I might as well join."

Cheers

Greetings from Westerly! This is a great place to learn more about the craft. The folks at Basement Brauhaus in Providence have been great to me so far, and even do trades/store credits for used gear- they gave me a great credit when I traded in my Corona mill after I bought a Barley Crusher. Their prices are also pretty much spot on for stuff.

Thanks RIbeer, my next post was going to be to ask where everyone in the area shops for Homebrew equipment. I've only checked out The Hoppy Brewer in N. Attleboro because I won a homebrew kit there in a raffle at a local pub, I didn't even know that the Brewhaus existed until a week or two ago. I'm looking to step up my gear a bit, and try and move out of the extract kits that I've solely been brewing so far.

Blackstone is in.... Woonsocket... I think. Not TOO far from Providence. I've never been but have heard a number of people speak pretty highly of them.

Blackstone is in.... Woonsocket... I think. Not TOO far from Providence. I've never been but have heard a number of people speak pretty highly of them.

Yes in Woonsocket. I live right down the street from Blackstone Valley Brewing Supplies. Steve is a great guy and if he does not have it he will get it for you. His ingredients are top notch too.

Welcome! I'm a new brewer as well and I'm originally from Providence now a little north in Blackstone! Welcome aboard and good luck!!!

Silverlake has a very limited line of beer stuff - they're in one of the more Italian sections of Providence and deal more in winemaking stuff. Owner does seem willing to help get stuff that they don't usually stock though. I have heard excellent things about Blackstone, but I've never had a chance to get there - their hours are a bit strange. Saturdays are an option, but after commuting to Prov from Westerly all week, that's the last thing I want to do on a Sat. I usually hit Basement Brewhaus on Wed after my staff meetings.

Let me know if you want to help out with an all-grain batch. We're doing one on Sat - a Belgian Wit -a bit out of season, but we're hoping it will help us look forward to the spring again. Sat is probably a bit short notice, especially for making the run to Westerly. For a first all-grain batch I highly recommend Ed Wort's Haus Pale Ale - we're waiting for a 10 gal batch to finish carbing in a week or so.

Hey RIBeer, I would love the opportunity to help you out with your all-grain, only thing is I'm in connecticut for the holiday and this weekend. You'll have to let me know how it turns out, happy brewing.

I appreciate all the tips guys, the brewhaus is just a stone's throw from me, but i'll definitely have to check out blackstone too, thanks alot!

And to MMTG, that's exactly why i'm here

Back