New brewer from PA!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spam_and_eggs

Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm Dennis. I'm from Abington, PA which is right outside Philly. I've been drinking real beer for about 6 years now, ever since my junior year of college. Home brewing has always fascinated me. I got a Mr. Beer kit for my birthday and brewed it about two weeks ago. I guess I assumed that the Mr. Beer was going to turn out bad so I suddenly and furiously began researching how to home brew. A couple days later I'm stopping by my LHBS just to see what's in there and before I know it I'm walking out with a beginners brew kit!

I decided to do a 2 gallon small batch as instructed by the Brooklyn Brew Shop's book, which is a very simplified all grain method. Long story short, my brew day was hot (87 degrees ambient in the house), hectic, and pretty horrible actually. But I still enjoyed it! Anyway, today (7 days into primary) I took a gravity sample of my IPA so far and it looks and tastes pretty good! Going to dry hop on Tuesday for 5 days and then bottle one week from today.

I've learned so much already from reading this site and can't wait to learn more and brew more beer!

Cheers! :mug:

Welcome! Tis site is a great resource as you find your way through. Use the search feature and if you can't find and answer to your question, post it - people here are very helpful! Nice to see another Philly burb brewer. :mug:

Welcome to the group, great info. in the wiki and stikies, for free. Ask questions, use searches, and you can learn tons from this very helpful group.

Back