New Brewer From Fort Collins

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panfishrfun

Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm new to the whole brewing process, and liking it a lot! This is a great hobby, I wish I picked it up a long time ago. I'm drinking my first bottles of my very first batch. It's an Amber Ale, that turned out quite well (surprisingly enough). I also have an IPA I just put in the secondary fermenter; I hope this one turns out well too. Since I'm on here, I had a question today when I was dry hopping my batch.... should I have used my glass carboy as my primary and my bucket as my secondary so my whole hops would fit in better? I put some of the hops in the glass carboy, but I figured it would be a pain to get out, so I didn't use all of them.

Welcome to the forums. You have access to some pretty good beer. I would use the glass carboy for your fermentation and then your bucket for bottling. I don't secondary unless the beer is going to have to sit in the primary longer than 3 weeks.

Latest posts

Back