New Brewer From CT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebigt85

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm thinking of getting a setup together soon, and have been reading quite a bit on this site and have read Palmer's How to Brew. It was a really awesome read and reminded me of my chemistry classes (which was both good and bad, haha). Anyway, I'm planning on setting up a basic secondary fermenting system, with a better bottle. I'm planning on buying an 8 gal aluminum pot from Walmart and possibly fitting it with a ball valve on the bottom to drain the wort. I already have the drill bit and just need to buy the weldless fitting that I've found on midwestsupplies. Also, where's the best deal for a starter kit? I'm leaning towards midwestsupplies but was wondering if there are any other deals out there? Thanks!

p.s. I'm from Hamden, about 10 mins from New Haven

You should check out maltose express. I think its close to you. I've never been to it but I've heard its pretty good and the guys there are knowledgable.

You should check out maltose express. I think its close to you. I've never been to it but I've heard its pretty good and the guys there are knowledgable.
+1. Maltose is fantastic. They can set you up with a good starter kit for about $100. They are extremely knowledgeable and helpful. It's in Monroe, right on Rt. 25 next to Ace Hardware.

Oh, and welcome. :mug:

Back