New Brewer from Colorado

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvlpdillon

Reaction score
I know big suprise in a state where you can throw a rock and find a good beer.

After years of wondering how this crazy beer making process worked I found a brew on premises across town. Brewed my first batch like a cooking class. An extact NewCastle clone. Everyone was pleased with the results.

I got the itch to learn more. I started reading every thread I could find and asking questions of a friend in GreenVegas SC. I ordered the gear to get going at home. Not being one to shy away from a challenge. Also believing in brewing what you want to drink. My first true home brew was a Trippel. I made a few mistakes like adding the DME early in the boil so it turned darker than I expected. Regardless, this is in primary now and will be moved to secondary after two weeks. I will be leaving it in there for a month and try the first a month after that.

I used this forum for a lot of learning. Homebrewing is the only topic I have ever been interested where it doesn't seem to be a silly competition but truly trying to share.

Welcome! (from Colorado Springs)

The process of making the beer is fantastic. I just started a few months ago myself, but i've already bottles a wheat, mild ale, apfelwine, vanilla creal ale, and a berry wheat. It's addictive. Went to Vegas last week and forgot how fortunate we are here in Colorado as far as beer selection goes.

So, any chance this get together will actually happen. At this point we ought to look at Jan, Feb. The holidays are coming and unless we can do this in the next 2 weeks we should probably wait for after new years.

and yes, I did not know that Dry Dock is the back part of Brew Hut. Never been that far back in the store.

Back