New brew near Athens, GA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tweeder

Reaction score
Guys/Girls,
I am new into the home brewing game. I am starting off by building a 3 cornie kegerator from an old fridge with 2 kegs of local brew and I'll be filling the third with whatever I can mix together. I have always been interested in brewing but never had the time or the knowledge. Well I finally made my mind up that I am going to give it a shot and see what happens. I am looking forward to picking some of you all's brains for info and brewing some good beer.
Are there any brewers around my area? I live in Barrow County just south of Winder. I am sure there are some "brew groups" around so hopefully I can find some. Well the names Rick and I'll be around, so let the madness begin.
-Rick-

Welcome to HBT. I'll be in Athens for some football in a couple months:).

Yes sir! Game time is just around the corner! Good news as well, I spoke with a sales rep from Magic Hat Brewery in South Burlington VT who said that they will be distributing a variety of bottled beer in a few locations in Athens! he should be emailing me with a list of of the locations soon. If you have never had Magic Hat it's a must try. Some bars are serving MH #9 right now but that all in GA. Anyways about Magic Hat....Thanks for the warm welcome, and let me know if your in the area for a game we usually have cookouts and big screen football.
-Rick-

Welcome Rick, there's no looking back now. budweiser,miller are all things of the past.
any way i live in Jefferson, just a rocks throw away. The next brew day is next week sunday morning and you are welcome to stop by check things out and have some home brews. Right now copper ale,ESB and honey gold ale is on tap. drop me an email
[email protected]

Hammer, I would be there but I am working next weekend. It seems like everytime something good is going on I have to work. I am off every other weekend as of right now so that kind of throws me off. I will surely drop you a line soon though.
UPDATE: Got all of my supplies in today for the kegerator build and 1 fermenting bucket for my home brew. I still need to get get a carboy and siphon though seeings from what I have heard so far that would be the best/easiest route to take; ie brewing then straight to the keg. Just waiting to get the fridge from my neighbor....
-Rick-

Right now Old Time Pottery has the best deal on 5gal carboys $15.99 ea get a few quick the price is about to double. Justin at Blackadder homebrew in athens will set you up with everything elese you need. tell him Dave sent you.

Sweet! I was going to go up there today so I could start my first batch but of course they are closed on Sunday....I am about to go find "How to Brew" hardback so I may have to swing by Old Time Pottery as well. Thanks for the heads up!
-Rick-

Back