New Belgium Ads

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do You Like the New Belgium Ads?

• Yes, they rock!

• No, they suck!

• Haven't seen them.

• Don't know who New Belgium is.

Results are only viewable after voting.

BeerPirate

Reaction score
What do you all think of the New, New Belgium TV ads? They recently launched their TV campaign nearly nationwide. The ads are very artsy and were directed by Ridley Scott's Son. I just ask because New Belgium is close to Laramie and their marketing guy and PR guy came up to the University of Wyoming and showed us the ads months before the were aired nationwide. I just thought I'd see what you all thought of them.

Also, what beer commercials do you like the most?

BeerPirate

In case anybody is interested you can watch them online here.

I think they are fantastic. The 90 second Anthem is by far my favorite. Don't know how well it promotes the beer but I think it is a great 90 second short film ;).

cygnus128 said:
In case anybody is interested you can watch them online here.

I think they are fantastic. The 90 second Anthem is by far my favorite. Don't know how well it promotes the beer but I think it is a great 90 second short film ;).

Those are really awesome. I agree, I don't know how they promote beer but it works.
I love the music. Its so stupid its cool. Stupid in a good way. :D

EDIT: The music is Devendra Banhart.....the song in the clip for Anthem is appropriately named "At the Hop", and some of the other clips include songs from the same album, "Nino Rojo"...I went and downloaded a few of them from Itunes....something about them.....they sound pretty ghey, but it totally fits... *shrugs shoulders*

Well, I voted I didn't see them but now I'm not so sure. I think I have seen the Anthem; or was it that I heard that song before? I tend to turn the brain off as soon as a commercial comes on.

Curious, what is the footprint of their beer? 1st time I ever had one was when I moved to AZ in 97. They on the east coast? Site doesn't tell you or I couldn't find it...

Check that - looks like it's west of the mississippi except for Utah and So Cal. The latter is interesting to pass by and UT makes sense ;).
Good history to read as well. Guy was a homebrewer just like us. Ever get to a state that has New Belgium get yerself some if it's not in your home area.

desertBrew said:
Curious, what is the footprint of their beer? 1st time I ever had one was when I moved to AZ in 97. They on the east coast? Site doesn't tell you or I couldn't find it...

The New Belgium Brewery is in Colorado. Fat Tire was thier huge hit. It was an amber beer that was hoppier (at the time) than anything else around so it caught on quick. I was never a big fan of it but my wife loves it.
Thier beers are supposedly all based on a Belgium trip that they had--and the head guy actually biked across Belgium trying all the beers. That's where the inspiration came from. Good story.

New Belgium is in Fort Collins CO. I live in Texas now and it is available here. I do know that NBBC does not make a bad beer. The Sunshine Wheat (Belgian Wit) is great. Fat Tire is awesome. The pils (Blue Paddle) is good too. Then there are the others, 1552 or 1556 or something like that is a Belgian Black beer. Not bad but I'm not a fan of the style. Of course they have an abbey and a triple as well, but again, I'm not a big fan of those styles. Then there's Loft which is brewed using lime leaves. If you can find it, try one and see what you think. I also know that NBBC beers are not avaiable in Hawaii. The three years I lived there I spend alot of time making Fat Tire clone and Belgian White for my friends. As for the T.V. spots, I haven't seen them but I'm sure they are great.

The Belgian Black is called 1554 and it is one of my absolute favorites. Also the loft is fantastic. If anyone ever gets a chance to go to Ft. Collins, CO they should definately make the trip. The new belgium brewery has a fantastic brew tour and lots of free samples. Some beers they offer are only available to taste at the brewery. They have one called Transatlantic Kreik. It looks like cool-aid and tastes very strongly of cherries. Apparently it is brewed in Belgium and shipped accross the Atlantic. At first it was supposedly terrible and they threw a bunch out, but then they found some they forgot over a year later and they tried it. It turned out great, so they bottled it and made it available. It's pretty rare and definately a unique beer experience.

Also, while in Ft. Collins, check out O'dells Brewing Company. They make Easy St. Wheat, 90 Shilling, and the new wood flavored Five Barrell. All very good and another good tour just a few blocks from New Belgium. There is another brewery there called the Ft. Collins Brewery that just started selling beer in Laramie, I don't know much about them but I've tried their smoked beer and it was pretty good.

And if you want to make it an extensive tour and get as drunk as possible for free, the Budweiser plant is just southeast of town too. Two free beers.

Back