New Belgian Citradelic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pick up this beer when it's on sale. Decent IPA, good for when I don't want to make the trek to the bigger stores/ craft beer shops in town.

Found this thread b/c I picked up a 6 pack on sale, and I haven't had it in awhile. Seems like they kicked up the tangerine flavor quite a bit from what I remember. Pretty tasty.

I might try to brew something like this.

I've tried a few of those citrus fruit IPA's and my favorite so far was Tommy Knocker's Blood Orange IPA, but it may not be easy to get outside of the mid-west.

Citradelic was decent enough, I'd drink it again. Sam Adam's Grapefruit tasted too much like peel/rinds for me, astringent and not juicy enough. I still have never had Grapefruit Sculpin...

Anyone actually brewed a clone? Never tried it but sounds like a nice brew for the Summer. I already put together a recipe based on one found on Brewer's Friend and will be subbing Crystal and Galaxy with First gold and Vic Secret but I need figure out a sub for Azacca.
Any suggestions preferences from the following:
Amarillo, Topaz, Calypso, Centennial and Cascade?

Thanks.

Back