New Adventure Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mirrorbrewer

Reaction score
Decided it was a good day to brew as the temps are starting to drop and the rain is coming. I really get excited as it gets cold out and Deschutes releases jubleale. Also I aways look forward every year to the Red Chair release! I wanted to do a nice pale ale in celebration of the school year starting and the fall being upon us. I ended up putting more hops in than I originally had planned. Being the hop head that I am I could not resist! Cheers!

Ingredients:
7 lbs pale LME
.75 lb caramel 40L
.25 lb caramel 80L
2oz cascade
2oz centennial
Wyeast wlp0007 Dry English ale yeast
.5 tsp Irish moss

I do a 3 gallon boil that takes my pot to the top. I am pushing towards an ag system sometime soon I hope. I heated water to 165 and started steeping grains for 25 minutes. After 25 minutes I removed the grains and after turning down the heat added the 7 lbs of pale LME. Cranked the heat back up and brought to a slow rolling boil. When I reached a boil I added .5 ounces cascade for bittering. At 45 minutes added .5 ounces centennial for some more bittering. At 10 minutes added .5 tsp Irish moss and 1 ounce centennial for aroma. At 5 minutes added .5 ounces centennial and .5 ounces cascade. At knockout I added the rest of the 1 ounce of cascade while chilling. Once I brought the temp to about 30°c I strained onto about a gallon of cool water. Rinsed through the hops to bring the bucket to 5.5 gallons. Got some good aeration and racked into 6.5 gallon carboy. Pitched wyeast wlp007 at about 24°c. Stuck and airlock in and put in my closet.

Anyone else have trouble running the beersmith 2 app on a tablet??

Thanks for reading and your input!

Cheers!

Back