New & a Big Thank You!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Running_Crazy

Reaction score
Greetings From Western, PA. I lurked a bit looking for help and I am glad that I did. Following the advice of many I decided to go with a Primary Only and just let it sit for 3 weeks. Well, today was 3 weeks and low and behold when I popped that lid I had beer looking back at me, flat beer, but it was beer & even smelled good. I am glad that I waited and gave it time. My FG was dead on. Moved it to the bottling bucket & primed with sugar, bottled and put it away in the dark to carb up. Now hopefully that part goes just as well. Can't wait to try it. Thanks to the many! Btw this is my first batch, Summer Ale from Brewers Best.

Congratulations on a successful first brew! Waiting for that first batch is always the longest. You should get another started quickly.

Did you try the hydrometer sample?

I plan to get another going maybe as early as next weekend. I did try the sample. It was really good for flat beer. Now I really can't wait till it carbs up.

I plan to get another going maybe as early as next weekend. I did try the sample. It was really good for flat beer. Now I really can't wait till it carbs up.

That's all you can really hope for in a sample.

Welcome to the addiction :mug:

Back