New 3 tap keezer build - Considerations for planning future additon of 4th tap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

broadstrokes

Reaction score
Building a new keezer, 3 taps but want to design to easily accommodate a 4th tap in the future (I know it's easier to do upfront, but I'm not sure I'll want it and I don't feel like spending the additional $$$ right now)
A 4th tap would likely be seltzer, ginger ale, something likely at a different pressure

What are people's thoughts on starting with a 3 port CO2 manifold paired with a single primary regulator? Then a future 4th tap could be supported by installing a secondary regulator (Such as this micromatic Secondary Regulator 0-60 PSI).

Other option is to go with a 4 port manifold, but I think having the 2nd pressure is a better choice

Also open to any other suggestions or input

Last edited:
If you think that 4th tap will be at a different pressure, then a secondary regulator is definitely the way to go. I have a 5-tap keezer, and I have a 5-body secondary regulator so that I can control the pressure on all 5 taps independently.

If you think that 4th tap will be at a different pressure, then a secondary regulator is definitely the way to go.
Excellent. Can I unbolt the 3000 PSI gauge from the primary, and install the 2nd regulator on that end port? I saw a coupling part (M-M threaded) listed on micromatic’s catalogue, looks like it’s intended for that very purpose.

Last edited:
Wait, forget what I said. The secondary regulator has to be set to a lower pressure than the primary. So, a way to do it would be a Y off the primary with one side going to the 4th high pressure tap, and the other side going through the secondary regulator and then to your manifold.

Contact the customer support folks at kegconnectio.com. Tell them what you're trying to do, and they'll walk you through what you need. They're very helpful!

Wait, forget what I said. The secondary regulator has to be set to a lower pressure than the primary.

I thought this would only be the case if the secondary regulator is installed downstream of the primary regulator's regulated output.
The 0-3000 PSI gauge is supposed to measure bottle pressure, so using that port should allow full input pressure to the secondary regulator. If not, then what you've proposed is an alternative method.

Thanks for the tip on kegconnection, I'll give them a call!

Any other recommendations or wisdoom / lessons learned to share?

Get this; it does exactly what you want:
Taprite T752HP-02 Dual Pressure Tank Mount CO2 Regulator MFL OUTPUT
Feed one output into a four-port manifold (for your 3 kegs, plus always include an extra) and the other hold on reserve for keg #4.

Of course, connect everything with Duotight and EVABarrier.

edit: this does require an extra $45 or so up front; understand if that’s a deal breaker.

Last edited:
Get this; it does exactly what you want:
Taprite T752HP-02 Dual Pressure Tank Mount CO2 Regulator MFL OUTPUT
Feed one output into a four-port manifold (for your 3 kegs, plus always include an extra) and the other hold on reserve for keg #4.

Of course, connect everything with Duotight and EVABarrier.

I was hoping to defer the cost until I actually added a 4th tap. Though that's the best price I've seen for Taprite's Dual Pressure Primary Reg. Maybe that is the way to go, instead of adding a secondary regulator later.

Thanks! Have evabarrier 4mm and JG fittings for the beer lines. Saw enough issues posted where CO2 tanks emptied due to leaks / cracked PTC connections, that I opted for barbs and oetiker clamps on the gas line side. But it's all MFL fittings, so can easily change over to PTC at a later date if desired
I can rig a level sensor to shut off control valves for beer lines, if enough beer leaks into the keezer. But I'm too lazy to do any kind of CO2 monitoring

Back