• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Iowa New 1BBl Electric Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I passed this link on to someone who might be interested. Good luck, it's a beauty.

chefjaypeek I'm sorry you can't read good because you are comparing apples to oranges. I added pictures for people like you so you would understand. I did my reasearch and have a far superior setup than spikes. Sorry you are cheap if you aren't interested don't put in your 2 cents because that's all it's worth.

dude really $12k for something priced on Spike for about 5-6k? Seriously? I will offer $1 cause that is the inverse of your ridiculous asking price.

I have to agree with the OP. The OP's equipment is quite a bit more extensive. Besides that the 1 bbl system is almost $7000 not $5-6K... And then you have to assemble everything except the control box.....

But, I want one of Spikes systems. But, but, I think if I really saved for it I might be able to buy it in 3-4 years.....

Stout Tanks are ten times better than Spike and when you add in all of the Spike accessories with fermenters and bright tanks you're well over your asking price. Seriously Deviant, I'd hold out and sell the entire lot on Probrewers.com. Have you tried listing it on their website? I take a look a couple of times a week for deals on larger equipment and I don't remember seeing it.
Cheers!

Thanks dieharduscfan I can't post anything on probrewer for some reason. I have seen a couple other people with the same issue. As soon as I am able to figure out why and can I will definitely.

Deviantbrew1, first off, let me begin by saying I mean absolutely no disrespect. I was very interested in this system as a pilot system for the brewery we plan to open within the next year but after I broke down the cost of everything, I have to wonder if there is something additional that you left out of the original post. As someone who is preparing to open a brewery, I need to be very aware of my spending as to not take away money from something else. I noticed someone earlier in the thread was comparing apples to oranges when comparing this beautiful system to a Spike system, which I agree is what was happening but I am comparing apples to apples and having trouble understanding the original $16,500 price tag. Does this set up also come with commercial fridges for the conical/brite that makes the original cost justifiable? This is a genuine question and just want to make sure I'm not overlooking anything.

45 Gallon Brew Kettle with Tangential Inlet, Sight Glass, 2 Element Ports and LegsStoutTanks - $1,103.00

40 Gallon Conical Fermenter with Butterfly Valves. Designed to Fit in a FreezerStoutTanks - $1,043.00

40 Gallon Hot Liquor Tank with Sight Glass, HERMS Coil, 2 Element Ports and LegsStoutTanks - $1,123.00

40 Gallon Mash Tun with 3 Recirculating Fittings, Bottom Outlet and LegsStout Tanks - $863.00

37 Gallon Brite Beer Tank fits in freezerStoutTanks - $1,363.00

9.2 Gallon Combination Wort Grant / Hop BackStoutTanks - $413.00

2 Chugger pumps with Center Stainless Steel Inlet, 230 volt, 1/20 HP, ½ X ½ Threaded connections - $320.00

2 Camco 5500W (240V), ripple, ultra low watt density heating elements (DYI) - $275.00

50 Amp Electric Control Pannel for 30+ gallons from The Electric BrewerySpike Innovations - $2,900.00

40 Plate Duda Diesel Beer Wort Garden Hose Chiller, Garden Hose X ½” Hose Barb - $150.00 (estimate based on the site)

All valves, tubing, seals, cam locks, for complete 1BBL set up, everything possible upgraded when it was ordered new nothing is used or was bought used

*Added or broken down components:

40 ft. silicone tubing - $80.00

Upgraded butterfly valves (8) - $250.00

Cam lock sets (20) - $200.00

Additional tri clover gaskets (20) - $20.00

Additional tri clover fittings (10) - $130.00

Pressure relief valve (2) - $ 278.00

Freight costs - $500.00

Total: - $11,192

Twitchster I appreciate you not wanting to insult me so I will start with this. I own the system don't owe anyone a dime so I guess if I wanted to ask a million dollars for it I could ask for that. I just don't have time to use it and it is taking up space. With that said I would like to know who I could freight all this through for $500 because I have checked into freight for a few who inquired about it and easily double that. Next to set up a system includes more than you have listed and/or I just bought over the top like extra thermometers, sparge arm, there are actually 4 5500 watt heating elements, many more upgraded ball valves for controlling flow besides the butterfly valves, stainless Ts, I think I have made my point. I wish you luck in the start of your pilot Brewery.

Twitchster I appreciate you not wanting to insult me so I will start with this. I own the system don't owe anyone a dime so I guess if I wanted to ask a million dollars for it I could ask for that. I just don't have time to use it and it is taking up space. With that said I would like to know who I could freight all this through for $500 because I have checked into freight for a few who inquired about it and easily double that. Next to set up a system includes more than you have listed and/or I just bought over the top like extra thermometers, sparge arm, there are actually 4 5500 watt heating elements, many more upgraded ball valves for controlling flow besides the butterfly valves, stainless Ts, I think I have made my point. I wish you luck in the start of your pilot Brewery.

The freight cost was a total guess. I have no way of knowing the cost without knowing the weight. And yes, I got my answer. As stated earlier, I wanted to know if there was anything that wasn't mentioned in the original post and there was (i.e. two additional elements, extra ball valves, sparge arms, etc.).Thanks for the good luck wishes and my best to you on selling this system. I meant what I said when I said it was a beautiful system.

Deviant... can you tell me the history of this set up? I know it's not used, but where did you get it... how long ago? I am interested in getting into larger scale brewing, but haven't researched anything and honestly am not all that sure what I am looking at... would love any and all info you could give.

Back