Never Never Aloha Aloha Clone Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bb6kid

Reaction score
Wanting to tackle this beer. Need some help as this one is wild

I think I am going to do a typical Gose grain bill, 60% Pils, 40% Wheat. Sour with L Plantarum. Add about .5oz red himalayan salt. I know they use pineapple, mango, passion fruit, blood orange, Guava, and cherry purée and Hawaiian Punch. I am wanting to use real fruit to avoid having to buy several different purees. Any idea on the additions of these? I am thinking of adding the fruit right at the end of primary fermentation, then in a few more days adding the Hawaiian Punch and let it finish fermenting. Much help is appreciated.

You ever do this?
How'd it turn out?
The aloha aloha is a crazy one, what with all those fruits, seems like a lot of work to process everything fresh.
I just had a never never backdown backdown. Double fruited apricot. Best damn beer I've had by a long shot. I live in MN so only way to get is trade or a real long drive. Lol.
Definitely going to try and recreate this or at least some reasonable facsimile of said beer.
Only thing I'm really concerned about is the viscosity, thickness, and creamy head retention. How did they do it?
It seems like there was a high amount of fruit puree in the finished beer itself. As well as some serious adjunct grains to up the creaminess and thick creamy head. Maybe just some flaked wheat and/or oats. Possibly lactose, but I think if it was in there they'd say so?
Anybody know if they just use the same gose base for all their gose offerings? Or is the never never series a different grainbill?

I don't think the grain bill is that important in this style of gose. Go simple with pils and wheat, maybe add a little flaked wheat or oats if you'd like. The fruit puree is what's going to give you the vast majority of flavor and body. In my opinion, the key is to cold crash prior to adding the fruit. This will leave you with more flavor and body from the puree. They've also said that they don't use lactose in the never series, just the tastee's.

I think that should get you pretty close to what you're looking for.

Interesting. Thank you for the reply.
I've found a couple interviews with Matt and a few other tid bits of info but nothing on the never never series.
Maybe you can point me to were they mentioned the no lactose. Perhaps it was fb or other social media? Didnt really dig into any of that.
I've done many things with fruit and fermentation. But what poured out of that can, to me, was magical.
I would be very impressed if it was just a regular gose with alot of fruit. Ime adding fruit tends to thin things out, rather than thicken it.
Thats the plan tho. 60/40 pils/wheat. figured I'd go little heavy on the flaked wheat, touch of the flaked outs. Still pondering salt addition and hopping tho.

They posted in the comments of one of their Instagram posts. I really do think you’ll be happy with a cold crashed addition of fruit purée. Aim for 2+lbs/gallon. Vintners is a great option.

Latest posts

Back