Nestlé pure life purified water

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BugDude

Reaction score
Has or does anyone used or use this water for brewing?

My wife brought home a 5 gal jug because she hates our tap water. I tried a glass and I must say this water is delicious. It blows my tap water out of the water lol. Since I mostly do extract brews I don't think it would harm much and I'm all for anything to make my beer better. Although I've had no complaints on taste so far.

Just looking for suggestions/ reviews.

Thanks in advance

Its very low minerality water, ideal for extract. Brew away my friend

What he said. As an added benefit, Nestle jugs are PET, so you have a cheap 5-gallon carboy (whatever the deposit is).

I first tried it because I didn't want RO, or distilled water either and my tap water just sucks. This water is very tasty, and I am quite sure you could brew anything well using it

I'm also a really big fan of this water for normal drinking and have used it a couple times in brews back when I was doing extract. Worked great for me.

Very glad to hear the positive reviews. I'm going to give it a go today on my next batch

It should indeed be great for extract brews. I also noticed that even though we have soft tap water around here from Lake Erie,the local spring water makes the beers taste a little bit better. I think it'll be great! :ban:

Beer is mostly water, if you start off with better water you will end up with better beer. If you have the water to do it I say go for it.

Our tap water, which sometimes gets a little too chlorine-y, runs thru an Aquasana undersink filtering system. I use only the filtered water for brewing and each batch has been superb. Most importantly, it de-chlorinates without removing the minerals that can benefit the beer.

Back