Needed a beer at 10 AM!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishinfur1

Reaction score
OK so I apologize if this is just me ranting about my job. But I only slept 2 hours last night and had to get up at 2:30 drive an hour to wait for a boat capt while standing on the dock getting eaten by mosquitos( I collect data on commercial fishing vessels for the government). The Capt finally showed up at 6 and told me he wasn't fishing. I havn't worked in a month. I finally got home at 9:30 after getting stuck in traffic in Boston. I got home and my first thought was I need one of my last homebrews, a nice mellow Strawberry Hef, to calm my nerves. Does this make me an alcoholic? According to Jimmy Buffet/Alan Jackson it's 5 o'clock somewhere! It's funny how bad of a day I can have but that homebrew turned my whole day around.

Look at it this way. You got up at 2:30, so by 10 you were up for 7 1/2 hours.

Compare it to somone that got up at 9:30, by 5 they were up for 7 1/2 hours.

Your day was just skewed..... So it was 5 o'clock for you.

cheers.

You work a graveyard like shift. It was 5 o'clock equivalent to a day worker. No problem. The Germans drink their hefes for breakfast.

I think America is one of the few countries where alcohol isnt a large part of the culture. I start my brew days pretty early, so i'm having a beer pretty early on in the day. Obviously i'm not getting plastered while i'm brewing, nor do I roll out of bed in the morning still somewhat intoxicated reaching for a bottle of whiskey. Just sayin', breakfast beer came from somewhere.

You work a graveyard like shift. It was 5 o'clock equivalent to a day worker. No problem. The Germans drink their hefes for breakfast.

Yep, I worked 3rd shift for a while, and ventured to the bar at 7:00 am a few times.

You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning!

I worked midnights for over 5 years and am about to get back to it real soon. I used to love having a few pops before bed after working an awesome tour with awesome people. I hope my next go around is as good as the last.

Drinking that early doesn't make you an alcoholic but posting about it on the internet and asking others to decide is probably more questionable in its own right. The question becomes do you really have a problem / are you really worried, or are you just seeking social attention for other reasons?

I work 3rds and have 1 before work with my family meal. I don't need it but I do like and want it so I have 1 no biggy

Latest posts

Back