Need Specs on TWO Grains PLEASE For BeerSmith

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epp200

Reaction score
I have not had any luck finding the specs for the following two grains to add to my BeerSmith. If anyone has them OR can point me in the right direction greatly appreciated. I HAVE googled both but not much info. to add them, in particular their SG.

Looking for:

Rahr American 2-Row
Warminster Floor Malted Maris Otter

Both I have seem to be using more and more. Any help would be great.

Cheers! ..... Ed

I have not had any luck finding the specs for the following two grains to add to my BeerSmith. If anyone has them OR can point me in the right direction greatly appreciated. I HAVE googled both but not much info. to add them, in particular their SG.

Looking for:

Rahr American 2-Row
Warminster Floor Malted Maris Otter

Both I have seem to be using more and more. Any help would be great.

Cheers! ..... Ed

I have just emailed the maltster and am waiting a reply. I'll post the info when and if I get it.

Mine always says can not connect to download the list of addons. No firewall, constant internet connection. I always assumed it was just a broken feature.

ok...I have some info about the Warminster Floor Malted Marris Otter that was gleaned from this malt report at the url:

http://www.cargill.com/food/wcm/groups/public/@cseg/@food/@all/documents/document/na3051727.pdf

It is not complete but from the info given, I was able to plug in this info into ProMash and it calculated most of the different fields for me. Here's what ProMash gets:

Gravity Potential in SG: 1.037
SRM: 3.0 (averaged)
% Moisture Content: 4.0
C/F Difference: 1.25
%Yield (FG) Dry: 80.07 / As Is: 76.87
% Yield (CG) Dry: 78.82 / As Is: 75.67
% Protein: 10.5
DP: ? Unknown
% TSN: ? Unknown

If anyone runs across the numbers for DP and %TSN do let us know. I'm wondering if I found a comparable malt with a known DP/%TSN if we could just use those for this malt. Sure would be nice to know the actual numbers tho....I never heard back from the maltsters but perhaps I will this week. If I get actual numbers from them I'll re-post.
Hope this helps!

Ok...! Just received a reply from
Mr. Chris Garratt
Managing Director
Head Maltster
Warminster Maltings Ltd

and he has kindly furnished me with these numbers typical for this malt:

Gravity Potential in SG: 1.038
SRM: 2.2 - 3.3
% Moisture Content: 3.5
C/F Difference: 0.00
Extract Coarse Grind As Is (Min): 76.5
Extract Coarse Grind As Is (Typical): 79.5
% Protein: 9.4
DP: IOB: 45-80
% TSN: 3.4

I guess that my first listing was pretty close to what he sent me so it will work out.

Back