Need Recipe Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigDog007

Reaction score
Hi All,

Was thinking about brewing tomorrow, I had a grain bill I normally use to make Pliny the Elder but honestly, I'm kind of ready to try some new things and I have 3 empty kegs in my kegerator so I'd like to add some variety.

I recently made another Manny's Pale Ale Clone that I came up with and have a nice Amber Ale bottled that is great.

Was thinking about using some Mosaic and going single hop for kind of like a pale ale.

My grain bill (all in one bag so no latitude to change it out or alter)

14Lbs Pale 2-row
1/2 Lb Carapils
1/2 Lb Crystal 40

Was thinking of doing the following:

1 oz Mosaic 60m
1 oz Mosaic 15m
1 oz Mosaic 5m
1 oz Mosaic 0m

I also have lots of Centennial, Columbus, Amarillo and Simcoe. I don't really want to use the Simcoe in this beer because I feel I need something different.

I also have a pound of honey malt that I haven't used, probably need to use it soon as it's been hanging out a little while longer than I expected.

I've never tried the Mosaic but I've heard it's great.

Any thoughts?

Thanks, RP

By the way, I plan on putting the wort on top of an S-04 yeast cake that I will be racking off tomorrow at the same time.

Back