Need New Malt Crusher

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surly

Reaction score
After seven years it is time to leave my Barley Crusher go. Tired of dealing with it.

Am looking to upgrade to a Monster Malt 3. There are very good reviews but many are dated.

So I m asking the community to give me some quick feedback. Before I commit a couple of hundred bucks I thought it would be good to hear from you. Are you happy with your Monster Malt 3? Are there alternatives offering the same quality?

Thanks

After a little over 100 brews, my Barley Crusher stopped "grabbing" the malt. I guess the rollers were getting worn down. I sent it back to the manufacturer for a refund/repair/replacement and never heard anything back from them. I bought a Monster Mill and have been extremely happy with it, so far. It came with more assembly required than the Barley Crusher, but it wasn't that big a deal, and the mill feels much more solid and "heavy duty" than the Barley Crusher did.

MM2 2.0 with hardened rollers and hopper/extensions. After ~100 brews, mostly 30lb malt bills, great crush and have never had any issues. I recommend.

After seven years it is time to leave my Barley Crusher go. Tired of dealing with it.

Am looking to upgrade to a Monster Malt 3. There are very good reviews but many are dated.

So I m asking the community to give me some quick feedback. Before I commit a couple of hundred bucks I thought it would be good to hear from you. Are you happy with your Monster Malt 3? Are there alternatives offering the same quality?

Thanks

I did purchase the MM 3 and have used it for about 70 lbs of malt crushing. Love it. Fast with an exceptional crush at .039.

About 750 pounds through my Christmas gift Corona style mill. But a Monster Mill is at the top of my list when or if I upgrade.

Awesome, glad you like the MM3. I've put about 1800 pounds through my MM2 and it's still running strong, so I'm betting the MM3 will be around just about forever.

I went with the MM2 about a year ago. I adjusted it when I got it and have not had to mess with it since then. It is a beast.

Back