Need Hop Rocket Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Group W

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have two experiences with a new Hop Rocket. Both times I loaded it with 2 oz of dry Citra leaf/cone. Use is on WC IPAs.

The first time, after whirlpooling I used it as a filter on cooled wart ahead of the fermenter. That worked okay but may not have been a good use of hops over 10 minutes at 65 df.

The second time I put it in the whirlpool loop after flame out ahead of a CF chiller. It got totally plugged.

Any success stories would be appreciated. Thanks and cheers!

I successfully gave mine away (on HBT). I tried to use it as a hopback during the boil, as a hop infuser during transfer to keg, and as some 3rd function that eludes me at the moment. That's probably not what you wanted to hear, but maybe you'll find some solace knowing that someone else shares your frustration.

I use my hop rocket two different ways. Most of the time I use it between my boil kettle and pump, using 2oz cone to replace my whirlpool. I have also used it occasionally between keg and faucet when doing wet hop IPAs in the late summer.

I also use 1/2 lb rice hulls with hops and never had a problem with anything getting stuck. Not using rice hulls things "slowed" down but never got stuck

Back