Need Help With Temp Controller From Risendead?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cottonmouth

Reaction score
I just got a temperature controller from Risendead Brewing and need help getting it set up. It did come with instructions from the manufacturer (Chinese) but they're not very clear to me. Can anyone who has used one of these get me going in the right direction? While the overall appearance is similar to the STC 1000 the buttons are different.

It looks like an stc-1000 for the most part. Pretty sure its wired the same way. Is it in Celsius or Fahrenheit ? In the web site pics the assembled one is an stc-1000, and the unassembled one is in Fahrenheit.

I bought the assembled one. The instruction sheet that came with it calls it an MH1210F. It is definitely not an STC1000. It reads in Fahrenheit.

Thanks. I bought the assembled version, so it's already wired and ready to plug in. I just need help with the settings.

Thanks. I bought the assembled version, so it's already wired and ready to plug in. I just need help with the settings.

http://www.tradeger.co.za/pdf/stc1000_operating_manual.pdf

this pdf has your setup in it

and from the photo from Risendead's wed site it look like a stc1000

all the best

S_M

temcon-4T.jpg

Again thanks. Yes I know they show an STC1000 on the website. That's not what they sent me. Here is a picture of what I received.

DSC_0130.jpg

Might want to check out this post (mine) where I question exactly what Risendead is actually selling.
The controller that most closely resembles your picture is a single stage controller, MH1210.
Totally not an STC-1000...

Cheers!

I just got a temperature controller from Risendead Brewing and need help getting it set up. It did come with instructions from the manufacturer (Chinese) but they're not very clear to me. Can anyone who has used one of these get me going in the right direction? While the overall appearance is similar to the STC 1000 the buttons are different.

Since the buttons are different the setup will be different.

DSC_0132.JPG

Since the buttons are different the setup will be different.

Ok my friend it is different

did they send you directions ? if not have you tried to email them to see if they have any they maybe able to email you?

just some thoughts that might help

I sure someone will come long that has one the can help you

all the best with your controller

S_M

Might want to check out this post (mine) where I question exactly what Risendead is actually selling.
The controller that most closely resembles your picture is a single stage controller, MH1210.
Totally not an STC-1000...

Cheers!

Thanks for the info. I wish I would have seen it sooner though. Oh well, wish in one hand...

Hi Cottonmouth
Did you ever bottom this and "translate" the Chinglish instructions?
Regards

Yes I did. It works well for what it is. Welcome to HBT!
Hi
Thanks for your response. I'm not really a brewer but found you and this site through searching for Shenzhen MEIHANG TECHNOLOGY MH1210A.

Assuming yours is the same as mine and there's no guarantee and mine's graduated in Celcius, :), I intend to use the following settings:
H, ie heating
CP 1 ie the device should kick out at the previously set temperature (via t<2 second click) and should kick in when the temperature drops 1 degree below that temperature
HA overheat control set to 5 degrees above set temperature in case of some catastrophic overheat, LA should be well below the set temperature but probably will have no effect
PU set to 0 and CA is to calibrate the device temperature against a standard thermometer, but I found the probe to be remarkably accurate.

Would you concur with this interpretation?

Did you ever get/find a written SOP for the controller's use

Kind regards etc. John in UK

Fwiw, MH1210 models A-C (at least) are Centigrade units, while the model F sold by risendead is a Fahrenheit unit. I've a model F running my keezer since late December, works perfectly. Setpoint is 34.5, differential is 2 degrees, short cycle set to 15 (the max, iirc).

HA and LA set point limits may be default - I can't recall, and I'm ~3000 miles from my keezer for the next two weeks so it's a little hard to check ;) In any case, I believe those just constrain what you can set the set point to and have no effect on runtime behavior...

Cheers!

The instructions you referenced there actually aren't too bad. Too bad that's not the unit I have. The instructions that came with my unit are pretty confusing, definitely something lost in translation.

I have the same unit you do (MH1210F) and I just finished setting it up. The directions are hilarious. My favorite is "do not place in dripping where elderly children can reach".

Anyway it took some tinkering but I think I have it all figured out if you still need help.

I'm guessing you figured out basically how to navigate through, but here it goes.

Hold Set then push set to enter into or exit one of the settings

HC - Heat or Cool (obviously) once you set this you have to hit reset for it to take affect

CA - Calibration, set it up or down if you think the probe is off

PU - No idea what this stands for but it sets the delay in turning your compressor on so it doesn't turn on/off rapidly.

HA/LA - Mine were set default to the high and low limits listed on the unit so I'm assuming that's all this is and left it alone

CP - Temp. Differential, How many degrees above or below depending on whether you're heating or cooling that it will activate

To reset everything to default just hold Rst until it starts blinking.

Hope this helps

Hey everybody, I've got the MH1210F controller up and running but am unable to adjust the temperature downward. Anyone know what's going on here? Anyone have this problem?

When I go to set temperature, whether in cool or heat mode, the temp defaults to 100*F and when I go to adjust the temperature, both the up and down arrows will only adjust the temperature higher.

Anyone have a solution?

Thanks!

I have the same unit you do (MH1210F) and I just finished setting it up. The directions are hilarious. My favorite is "do not place in dripping where elderly children can reach".

Anyway it took some tinkering but I think I have it all figured out if you still need help.

I'm guessing you figured out basically how to navigate through, but here it goes.

Hold Set then push set to enter into or exit one of the settings

HC - Heat or Cool (obviously) once you set this you have to hit reset for it to take affect

CA - Calibration, set it up or down if you think the probe is off

PU - No idea what this stands for but it sets the delay in turning your compressor on so it doesn't turn on/off rapidly.

HA/LA - Mine were set default to the high and low limits listed on the unit so I'm assuming that's all this is and left it alone

CP - Temp. Differential, How many degrees above or below depending on whether you're heating or cooling that it will activate

To reset everything to default just hold Rst until it starts blinking.

Hope this helps

Thanks much WesternBrew! This would have taken me a few hours to figure out on my own!

Long time lurker, just wanted to say this thread helped me get my fermentation chamber up and running. Thank you very much for the helpful information here!

Hi John,

I just bought the MH1210F model, which is Fº, and on the back it's reads the output is 220V. I'm a bit concerned about blowing out my keezer with 220V. Is that what yours reads?

Not being an electrician wanted to ask the question. Is it OK to wire my keezer to this device?

The controller can't output higher voltage than what you feed it, so no worries about frying anything. What might be a problem, however, is if the version you bought is intended to operate on "220" VAC instead of "110". If it's for 220 and you try to run it on 110 the internal power supply voltage will likely be too low for the logic to run.

If you're just reading the relay rating, that's not an issue either way, but if there's a spot that the manufacturer "checks off" indicating the operating voltage, that's going to be a problem.

A picture of the manufacturer plate might help...

Cheers!

How fortuitous this thread is about a controller from Risendead, I would like to revive the thread.

I recently received one of these and as discussed is either heat or cool, my problem is that I can't figure out how to make it cool. No matter what I set the temp at it just wants to heat and since I want to use this for a keezer, that is backwards to what I need.

Can anyone assist in how to make this thing work on the cooling side?

To enter the parameter setting mode, press and hold the SET button until the display shows HC.

At this point you can use the arrow buttons to scroll through the various parameters. When you get to one you want to inspect or change, press the SET button. Then you use the arrow buttons to change the parameter setting.

So to change the Hot vs Cold mode, once you've entered the parameter setting mode and release the SET button, press it again, and you'll then chose between H and C modes using the arrow buttons. Once you've selected the setting, press the SET button to save the setting and return to the parameter selection mode.

Cheers!

This thread helped out a lot when I was setting up my controller. Afterwards I found this graph from a site that sells these.

mh2110menu.png

Just posting this here for someone who has an MH1210-B version and doesn't have the manual for it. This version has the alarm settings that some of the other versions lack.

Resolution isn't great but it's the best I could find...

Cheers!

mh1210b_manual.jpg

Just posting this here for someone who has an MH1210-B version and doesn't have the manual for it. This version has the alarm settings that some of the other versions lack.

Resolution isn't great but it's the best I could find...

Cheers!

Much thanks day tripper

Back