Need help using a bottling gun/cornelius kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mackinskor

Reaction score
Short story:
Got the beers kegged, CO2 hooked up and carbonated the beer, but when I hook up the beer gun, the beer runs into the line a little, then when I press the trigger, no beer shoots out.

Any help?

Thanks.

Do you have pressure left in the keg?

When you are using a beer gun, are you allowing the gas to escape from the bottle? (At some point, if you don't let the gas out, the pressure will equalize and not allow the beer to flow into the bottle.)

Yeah there's pressure in the keg - it's been pressurized for 2 days now, and the beer gun doesn't work even if it's not in the bottle.

Gonna let it sit for a bit longer, but didn't know if there was an easy fix for this or perhaps the pressure isn't up to snuff?

Do you have your co2 run to both the gun and the keg? And are you using the right trigger one is for the gas the other is for beer?

Ooh, no I only have CO2 going to the keg... this seems like it may be an issue! Tell me more --

I have the Blichmann beer gun and made the mistake of not running gas to both the keg and the gun. With gas just on gun and not on the keg the beer fills only until the pressure goes down in the keg (pretty quickly). When I run gas to both keg and gun it works like a breeze. I don't think Blichmann is quite clear that you need gas source at two different places. I wish I had known or I would have bought a splitter. As it is I have a spare co2 tank lying around that I can use as a source.

Back