Need help planning beercation!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi talkbeer... Trying to plan a beercation for my hubby and I need suggestions. Trip would be end of October or early/mid November. He has always wanted to visit PDX, not sure if it is a good time of year. Any help your community can provide would be so appreciated!!

Hi talkbeer... Trying to plan a beercation for my hubby and I need suggestions. Trip would be end of October or early/mid November. He has always wanted to visit PDX, not sure if it is a good time of year. Any help your community can provide would be so appreciated!!

Go to Tillamook, spend entire trip at De Garde, come home.

PDX go to Belmont Station, Hair of the Dog, and all the other breweries.

Eat doughnuts at Blue Star.

Take a day trip out to Multumomahahauuehah falls and grab beers at Pfriem and watch wind surfers.

Take a day trip out to Tilamook and eat cheese. Visit De Garde.

Go to Pok Pok for every meal and wait in line for five hours.

Is it a good time to go to PDX... Seems weather isn't great that time of year. Is another city better in November??

El Nino is on the horizon, so potentially California could be having some seriously wet weather in November. which might mean Portland is a lot nicer than a normal November

Portland or San Diego are the best. I really wouldn't worry about weather since you can't control that factor. And if its raining, stay indoors and drink.

San Diego generally has pretty great weather throughout November. You can check out my visitor’s guide for help.

And don't forget early/mid November is San Diego Beer Week. That would be a great time to come out to SD.

But yes Portland is fun place too visit also. Not sure on Portland weather during that time, but there are plenty of places to visit within Portland. I honestly enjoyed the food in Portland more than the beer. And as mentioned above spend some time at De Garde if your husband likes sour beers.

And don't forget early/mid November is San Diego Beer Week. That would be a great time to come out to SD.

But yes Portland is fun place too visit also. Not sure on Portland weather during that time, but there are plenty of places to visit within Portland. I honestly enjoyed the food in Portland more than the beer. And as mentioned above spend some time at De Garde if your husband likes sour beers.

Ok didn't know that!! Thank you!!

He loves sours so I will keep De Garde in mind.

I hope this is a catfish thread. Srs. Suckers.
giphy.gif

Um, no. But thanks for being an a$$. You clearly have time to troll around the internet if that is your first thought.

As a heads up. I don't think he was trying to be an ass or offensive. This site can be pretty wild west like with jokes, memes, and gifs. Sorry if he did offend you as I do realize this is most likely not your scene and you are just trying to do something nice for your husband.

As a heads up. I don't think he was trying to be an ass or offensive. This site can be pretty wild west like with jokes, memes, and gifs. Sorry if he did offend you as I do realize this is most likely not your scene and you are just trying to do something nice for your husband.

What he said seriously. Wasn't being a dick.

If beer is the most important factor, it is not even a discussion. It will almost certainly be raining the entire stay in Portland. It will definitely be raining even more in Tillamook. But that will just keep you in the coffee, food and beer spots so no big deal.

Like you'd ****ing know, you gobshite. You couldn't even meet me and harrymel for PringlesFest.
****ing hell I was only offering advice, dont go all scorned lover on me.

It was a one night stand, i am married. **** off. I am not leaving her. Deal with it.

****ing needy gobshite.

Back