Need help disassembling pump

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K_G

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to disassemble this?

Attachments

• 7B7D3B86-6674-4A48-9996-7F560FDDA5D5.jpeg
    7B7D3B86-6674-4A48-9996-7F560FDDA5D5.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 60
  • 91894841-1856-4AAD-A3D1-461A002F1047.jpeg
    91894841-1856-4AAD-A3D1-461A002F1047.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 69
To assemble a "pimp" one just needs some flashy velore, with a hat, some cheetah print and a flashy cane. like such:
mixed-pimps.jpg

pull the sankey dip tube out by removing the ring at top and pulling it out, then clean and sanitize the keg, then let CO2 free flow into the keg for about 3 min at about 3-4psi using a tube connected to your regulator. This will push air from the bottom out the top leaving the CO2 blanket at the bottom, then start flowing the beer from whatever its currently in into the bottom of the keg at a slow rate....it will fill from the bottom continuing to push any residual oxygen out and staying under the CO2 blanket.

OR

They way I fill all my kegs is I do the above, but once I get some CO2 into the keg, I begin flowing in the beer, but I also keep the CO2 going into the keg from the top. hard to explain in typing, but just imagine that your filling the keg with CO2, and then fiolling it with beer...

There are many that say a "CO2 blanket" is a myth, and that it will just mix with regular air and that CO2 is not heavier than O2, however I have been doing this method for a very long time without EVER having any oxygen issues.

pull the sankey dip tube out by removing the ring at top and pulling it out, then clean and sanitize the keg, then let CO2 free flow into the keg for about 3 min at about 3-4psi using a tube connected to your regulator. This will push air from the bottom out the top leaving the CO2 blanket at the bottom, then start flowing the beer from whatever its currently in into the bottom of the keg at a slow rate....it will fill from the bottom continuing to push any residual oxygen out and staying under the CO2 blanket.

OR

They way I fill all my kegs is I do the above, but once I get some CO2 into the keg, I begin flowing in the beer, but I also keep the CO2 going into the keg from the top. hard to explain in typing, but just imagine that your filling the keg with CO2, and then fiolling it with beer...

There are many that say a "CO2 blanket" is a myth, and that it will just mix with regular air and that CO2 is not heavier than O2, however I have been doing this method for a very long time without EVER having any oxygen issues.

I understand what you're saying, I'll do this until I can come by the proper coupler, which I should be able to do tomorrow.

Thank you for the help!

Back