Need help creating a label :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iowastate21

Reaction score
My husband just made his first home brew and it is great! I want to surprise him with labels for his bottles. Can anyone help me design a label? It is a Belgian Ale. We have teased about using our street name as the brewery name. Gresham Ave Brewing.

I purchased these blank labels but could purchase different ones if that would help.
http://www.midwestsupplies.com/blank-72000-48-labels-labels.html

I would love the help!!!

Joshua and I can assist you with that.
Just send me a PM

I was going to make a Trappist once and made a label for it, but never made it. You can have it if you want. Are they 12 oz bottles? What's the ABV? When was it bottled? I'll modify.
belgianale.jpg

This is great! They are actually 12 oz bottles. ABV = ~5%, we need to retest, and they will be officially complete on March 31st, 2010.

Here is an Easter theme if your interested

I was planning on altering it for an IPA with something about a 'hoppy Easter' but don't have anything worth bottling.

I was going to make a Trappist once and made a label for it, but never made it. You can have it if you want. Are they 12 oz bottles? What's the ABV? When was it bottled? I'll modify.
belgianale.jpg

That label is pretty awesome.

Even more awesome is your avatar. That album changed me when I first heard it.

LiquidCourage - You have a great talent for layout and design! Its also very bleeping nice of you to share something like this!

IowaState - As a noobe brewer myself, I gotta say if my wife were to suprise me with something like what you are doing I would be thrilled! Kudos to you for doing this! Heck, I'll be happy when my wife gets done brewing our second child so she can actually sample some of my stuff.

My husband was just so excited to make his own beer and it turned out so well I really wanted to do this for him! I am also brewing a baby so I don't get to enjoy his beer :( I side-kick as the assistant brewmaster...aka I am the cleaner and bottler!

THANK YOU SO MUCH LIQUID COURAGE!!! You are a great artist!!

Sorry it took me a little while to get back here.

This is great! They are actually 12 oz bottles. ABV = ~5%, we need to retest, and they will be officially complete on March 31st, 2010.
Just let me know the ABV and it's ready to go. :ban:
This reminds me, mine is due for a gravity reading.

wow LC nice label! i gotta know what font you are using? awesome! :rockin:
Thanks! The script is Jellyka, Saint-Andrew's Queen and the other is Aniron. Both can be found on DaFont.

That label is pretty awesome.

Even more awesome is your avatar. That album changed me when I first heard it.
Thanks man! :mug:
Yeah, 4 tracks of sheer excellence. I'm pretty sure disc 2 is in my car stereo at the moment as a matter of fact. It kills me that I never got to see them live. There's always Thee Silver Mount Zion I suppose, but they seem to lay pretty low.

And what program did you make that in?
It was done in Photoshop CS4. GIMP gives me horrible brain farts. :drunk:

Thanks again for the flattery guys. :D

No problem, glad to help.

BelgianLabel.jpg

(Nobody noticed I accidentally typo'd Abbey and used the name "Abby" instead.) :p

That label is Frikkin SWEET! (am I the only one here that can't make a decent-looking label?)

And thanks for the font site...

Well, your beer most likely comes out a million times better than mine. :p

So how did the labels turn out?

They worked great! My husband loved them! Everyone comments on how they look. They really made the beer perfect! I'll try to send you the pics!

Back