Need Help Bev Air BM23 Remove Condenser Fan/Motor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

campbellmike

Reaction score
The motor is not running on my unit. The compressor runs for a while without the fan but shuts down. It's start to cool down during this time. The fan and motor are in a very tight spot and I'm unsure how to remove it. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks,

I don't have experience with the BM23, but I believe it's similar to the True TDD-1. If that's that case, then the components should be attached to a separate floor plate. You can remove the back cover and unbolt the tray/floor plate from underneath and slide it out slightly to work on it. It's tight working on these units in any case.

I don't have experience with the BM23, but I believe it's similar to the True TDD-1. If that's that case, then the components should be attached to a separate floor plate. You can remove the back cover and unbolt the tray/floor plate from underneath and slide it out slightly to work on it. It's tight working on these units in any case.

The compressor/motor and condenser are in a tray that is held on to the cabinet with four bolts. I removed them, dropped the tray and pulled it out from the left side. Success, new motor installed and running. Thank you!

I just did the same thing this weekend. Boy its tight. the new motor 502-019B or equiv.
is 1/2 wider. Thus less clearance.

Make sure you gently pull out on the left side. THe refrigerant connections hold it
in place. Don't want to break those!

Back