Need help adapting quick connect to sensor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1682186248498.png

I'm looking to connect one of the above (which is 1/4 MFL Male) to sensor below which is 1/8 NPT Male.
I cannot find a 1/4 MFL Female to 1/8 NPT Female adapter.
Looking for suggestions?
Thx

1682186338074.png

Maybe it's because I've had a couple, or maybe it's because I'm in a very DIY frame of mind at the moment, but I'm very compelled to inquire as to how and in what context you are using the sensor? Is it for a pressure fermentation rig?
BTW: Welcome to HBT! :bigmug:

Ha, I'm compressing tennis balls... I want to use the sensor and an arduino to remind track the pressure and remind me when to adjust.

well i spent a good hour at Menards and came up short
my plan is to use a 1/8 Female (npt) to 1/4 Female (npt) adapter and epoxy the 1/4 Female to the cornykeg quick connect

Are you putting the tennis balls in a keg? Surely just drop them in the keg, put a compressor or even a track bicycle pump which has a pressure gauge on it and pump it to the desired pressure. Check it a few hours later and add more air or vent as needed.

I wouldn't want to rely on epoxy for any pressure connections, there's a reason plumbers don't use it after all.

You aren't filling with CO2 I hope? You'll end up with heavy balls that way!!

Are you putting the tennis balls in a keg? Surely just drop them in the keg, put a compressor or even a track bicycle pump which has a pressure gauge on it and pump it to the desired pressure. Check it a few hours later and add more air or vent as needed.

I wouldn't want to rely on epoxy for any pressure connections, there's a reason plumbers don't use it after all.

You aren't filling with CO2 I hope? You'll end up with heavy balls that way!!
just regular air...max of 35psi.... call me crazy but I'm going to try the epoxy. I did look at BrewHardware.com. but I did not find anything that had 1/8 Female NPT on one side for the sensor. Thanks all for the ideas.
ps. you're probably right about doing the simple fill up the keg with bike pump but that would be too simple : )

Latest posts

Back