Need deal on turker fryer and pot...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tireater

Reaction score
been looking for one...
Does anyone have a link or know a store in So Cal where I can get one with at least a 30qt pot..?...Thanks

I checked there before I asked...It is not on their website and I called and they don't have it.. 75 mile drive...
Any other ideas...? I want to go all grain ASAP...

What about your local Lowes/Menards/Home Depot? I got my Bayou Classic at HD for $48 plus tax. And yeah, what about stovetop or partial mash? It's going to take more than a turkey fryer to go AG. Try a small batch first, then worry about the rest. Just my 2¢

I guess I will get one on line...There seems to be a problem selling these in my town...All I'm seeing is infared models...
I have a friend who does AG so i'm not worried about the step up...I have done 17 extract batches...
I will use dual pots if I don't get the turkey fryer of wart chiller before then...Thanks for the replys..

It's not really turkey frying season which is why you having a hard time. A month or so before thanksgiving they start showing up everywhere, but at a unreasonably high price. After thanksgiving they get discounted until their gone. I bought 6 at a grocery store for $10 each in early January.

I guess I will get one on line...There seems to be a problem selling these in my town...All I'm seeing is infared models...
I have a friend who does AG so i'm not worried about the step up...I have done 17 extract batches...
I will use dual pots if I don't get the turkey fryer of wart chiller before then...Thanks for the replys..

check city ordinances. some city's "outlaw" 20lb propane cylinders, which is what all these fryers hook up to (those little green throw-away cylinders go FAST on 60 minute boils).

If the city doesn't like these 'fire hazzards' that might be why its hard to find em.

I know my local ACE hardware, Lowe's, Menards and Home Depot usually have at least 1 fryer/pot combo on the shelves year round.

amazon.com has good deals too.

I don't think propane tanks are banned here...The RV next door uses them...
Home cheapo had two oilless cookers, Sports authority had one with an infared burner 13k BTU...NFG...
Still looking for the deal...This week i'm working on a grain grinder and 100lb of 2 row too...

I was looking into one of those turkey pots, then decided than Aluminum is not the way I want to go. There is always talk about a link between Aluminum and Alzheimer. If it is true or not I don't know: I don't want to run the risk that I would forget the taste of the last batch of bier I brewed before the glass is empty. Any I'm not taking any chances.

Today I ordered a 27 quart stainless steel stock pot from Paderno, the price was hard to beat for something that has a lifetime guarantee, what ever that means.

Now if I can't remember how that last glass tastes, it is not my mash pot.

ASAP?, stovetop two pot boil?

Dang - I could do that. I've been looking for cheap SS containers. I have three 5 gallon pots that I paid a total of about $24 for all.

I think I've been worried about consistency and keeping them all together. Put it all back togeher at the bottling stage and it blends them all back together.

check city ordinances. some city's "outlaw" 20lb propane cylinders, which is what all these fryers hook up to (those little green throw-away cylinders go FAST on 60 minute boils).

If the city doesn't like these 'fire hazzards' that might be why its hard to find em.

I know my local ACE hardware, Lowe's, Menards and Home Depot usually have at least 1 fryer/pot combo on the shelves year round.

amazon.com has good deals too.

I have to ask out of curiosity - what do people run their gas grills on then? I know you can hook up to natural gas from the furnace supply.

I got the sp10 bayou classic turkey fryer off amazon for 50 bucks, free shipping. Roughly 180,000btu if I remember correctly. Boils 6 gallons of water in less then 8 minutes. Totally worth it to me, opening the valve a crack was enough to keep the boil going. Its almost too much power.

just bought a 30 qt kit for $15.98 at sports authority. They had the wrong price on it and had to sell it to me. In hindsight, I should've bought them all

In Canada (Ontario?), TSC has a very stout turkey fryer with 34 qt pot on sale right now. Nice looking unit.

just bought a 30 qt kit for $15.98 at sports authority. They had the wrong price on it and had to sell it to me. In hindsight, I should've bought them all

Same thing happened to me at Target. Priced for 30 bucks, and it actually turned out to be 14.89 plus tax...too bad they only had one, or I would have cleaned them out

Can you adjust the heat on those turkey friers?
I have a few recipes that require lower temperatures when the hops are added, the temperature should start at 50 C then about 60C then up to but not over 74 C.

I am in the market for a good deal on a turkey fryer. The best I can find online is in the $60 region. Anyone got any good suggestions?

Can you adjust the heat on those turkey friers?
I have a few recipes that require lower temperatures when the hops are added, the temperature should start at 50 C then about 60C then up to but not over 74 C.

That sounds like mashing, not boiling. Are you sure those are for AFTER the hops, and not before?

I sell a turkey fryer kit for $69.99. It is a pretty fair deal, and the shipping is only $6.99. Nothing like buying one for $15 like some lucky people, but a pretty good deal overall.

30 quart is the biggest pot that comes with a burner. If you want to go larger then it would take buying a pot and burner separately.

Ed

Very interesting! This I did not know. That explains why I can't find a kit that has anything bigger than 30 qts. I suppose it will just take a little more saving up to get a larger (and maybe SS) pot. Thanks for the useful vendor info!

No problem. I would recommend getting a bigger pot than 30 qt. If your looking to go to full boils I would go at least 10 gallons, and would recommend starting with a 15 gallon pot.

Didn't want to go aluminum, so I picked up a 30 qt. Proctor-Silex SS pot on sale at Cooking.com delivered for $40, and when I went AG I just bought the Bayou Classic SP-10 for about $40 deliverd from Amazon. Pot & burner work very well together.

Latest posts

Back