Need co2 tank inspected from my pops...1975!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tattoodrew

Reaction score
Okay, it's been 39 years but it was my dad's. It's still half full so I will use it until it's pretty low. I'm not EVER going to exchange it! Too sentimental. He brewed beer and now I do.... Anyway, I'm in Milwaukee, WI and this has become mission impossible. I don't care if it looks like crap or only holds 5 lbs! I need it inspected and refilled. Why is this so hard? I cant find out how to do anything on the net, even Youtube, which is ridiculous! Money is not the issue. My dad's memory is. Somebody please help me. I can't find a solid answer to save myself! I'm about to give up. Thank you in advance!

If you haven't given these guys a call, try it. They're about 7 miles due west of the city.

'Splain what you need to have done, maybe they'll accommodate you...

Airgas Fill Plant
12131 W Adler Ln
West Allis, WI 53214
(414) 258-8971

Cheers!

Its called a hydro test, tons of people do them they cost like 15 - 20$

I think theres also an Airgas place on St. Paul Ave. Call and see if they do testing/refills because that place has the added bonus of being next to Sobelman's so you can grab a burger while you're at it.

fwiw, the site I listed earlier (which now shows up as later :drunk:) is the only Airgas fill station in the Greater Milwaukee area.
The other branch sites will end up sending any work there...

Cheers!

Thanks a lot guys! I really appreciate the help. I keep hearing horror stories of tanks being sent "out" for weeks at 150-200 bucks. Keep responding if u have more ideas please! Much appreciated!

So far, nobody has any answers other than, "I can't help you." Fire department, The scuba store...all unhelpful or, unwilling. I had to buy a 20 oz. paint ball tank since my tank just went into the red zone. I'm going to use my day off tomorrow to find a fix for this. I live in Milwaukee...WTF?! There's beer and cheese everywhere not to mention welding shops.... This should be a simple task in a bigger city. It's beginning to frustrate the sh*t out of me! 👎👎👎👎

Call the Northern Brewer on Hwy. a'Hundred. They might have leads for you. (At least they've helped me out when I've had unusual brew-related questions.)

Thank you dkennedy! milwaukee recharging.com does a hydro for $36.00. 5 lb refill is $8.00. 414-774-0772. He did laugh that it had been 39 years since a test. Finally, a solution!

Thanks a lot guys! I really appreciate the help. I keep hearing horror stories of tanks being sent "out" for weeks at 150-200 bucks. Keep responding if u have more ideas please! Much appreciated!

My idea would be not to get sentimentally attached to a freaking CO2 tank. Seriously? A mash paddle or a brew kettle I could understand. It's like not wanting to throw away a burned-out light bulb.

Unless that particular CO2 tank saved your dad's life during the war. Then I take back everything I ever said about that tank. It should be given a medal.

He just died so, ya', it's THAT important to me! I have his medals from Nam' too.... I'd like to say a few things here but I'll bite my tongue.

I become attached to things, as well. Especially, when there is some kind of sentimental value to the thing. The sentimental value we place on something comes from our emotions and based on two things; the good and the bad. For as long as we live, those are the only things that we really remember. Everything else is mundane.

It's great that you are able to get the cylinder tested and certified. Now you can thank your Dad every time you draw a beer.

Thx vlad and trim! It was bitter sweet when I pulled one today. I raised it up for my dad though! Cheers...Thx for your service as a vet trim! Much appreciated!

Everyone is different. I have 'worthless' items that I hold dear. If it fails the hydro, make it into a lamp or something else that you can see and remember.

Ace Carbonics on 4040 S. Clement Ave., Milwaukee did a hydro and fill for 25 bucks. Nice test, cheap fill. Can't beat that!

Seems the OP has what he wanted and nothing good seems to be resulting from keeping this thread open.

This is a gentle reminder to everyone that namecalling ist verboten und vill result in disciplinary action. When problems arise, it's best to report the offender and mods will take care of it. Taking flame bait is generally a bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back