Need beer/bar/brewpub,brewies recomendation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvcjbl

Reaction score
I am getting flown care of SWMBO's boss to do her hometheater install this friday. We are staying around 17th street in New York City. I have never been to NY let alone this address. I am looking for "must drinks" while I'm there. I did a random search and Heartland Brewery is .4 miles away. If anyone can give me some suggestions on what beers to try (that I can't get in TX) and places to visit. Thanks in advance!! :ban:

Blind Tiger and Gingerman always get great reviews.

My main advice is to drink local - keep an eye out for anything on tap from this short sample:

Six Point
Ommegang
Brooklyn Brewery
Southern Tier
Blue Point
Captain Lawrence

Heartland is a brew pub chain with a few locations spread around the city. It is worth a try because it is so close to you, but it won't blow you away.

And a couple more tips - don't touch the hand rails when you walk down the stairs to the subway, and like Buddy the Elf says, "The yellow one's don't stop".

Have fun,
Joe

Looks like Blind Tiger and Gingerman are both ~1.5 miles. Either a long walk or cab. Can anyone give me an idea of what taxi fair would be like for a 1.5 mile trip? How about a subway trip to brooklyn brewery? Looks to be 4.5 miles from the house.

Walked here. Currently out of the heat enjoying a Speakeasy Double Daddy IPA.

image-3410524671.jpg

Head over to Good Beer on 9th btwn 1ST and A, dba as domeone mentioned Then take a cab to Pony Bar on 10th ave around 44th, great beer, all pours are $5.

New York City Subway and Bus Fares
New York City subway and bus fares are $2.25 per trip (single trip tickets are $2.50).

Looks like Blind Tiger and Gingerman are both ~1.5 miles. Either a long walk or cab. Can anyone give me an idea of what taxi fair would be like for a 1.5 mile trip? How about a subway trip to brooklyn brewery? Looks to be 4.5 miles from the house.

you've got a gingerman in houston, already. :mug:

We are home now. It was a super short trip. I found a really cool bar close to the house called Still Bar & Grill. They had goose island ipa so I was a happy camper finally getting to try that. Basically only ended up going to Blind Tiger and that was it.

Back