Need a little input here..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fletcher21

Reaction score
Been brewing and kegging for a while but this is a first. So I am brewing 3 different beers for a Memorial Day party one of which is a IPA.

Anyways my IPA I ended up dry hopping without a hop bag this time and all seemed great. Tastes great, gravity and IBU's are spot on and sample test went perfect.

Now the issue went to take it off gas today to carb up my final batch and decided to pull a small amount to taste. Could hardly get a trickle out of the tap. Obviously I have hop junk stuck in the dip tube. So I put the gas on the out post to push it out. However this also stirs it all up at the bottom.. Hence the hop particles I got in my sample.

Question is any other thoughts on what to do? Now that I likely pushed a lot if gas out of my beer will it still re absorb?

A little concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Yes, the gas in the beer will remain there for quite a while. Put the gas back onto the "IN" post and let it settle. You might be able to pull off another cloudy pint and find it runs OK. If not then the "OUT" poppit may be plugged up with trub. If it is fouled with trub the only thing you can do is remove and clean it. You can take the pressure off the keg for a while without worries. Release the pressure, remove the "OUT" post, remove and clean the poppit, reinstall it and put the gas back on. It should pull through just fine.

You mean why a post on beginner and general discussion? Well not that it really matters but for the reason different people read different categories and I wanted to get a wider spectrum of ideas/comments. Is this ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Awe crap, I didn't mean to come off like forum patrol! Puddle 's post is sound and thorough. I just follow the current active threads and found both. After a few hb's of course =) Usually one thread for the problem should be fine, I would say. Did the above work for you?

Latest posts

Back