Need a dark recipe for daughter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpalme

Reaction score
My daughter is visiting this thanksgiving, I only get to see her a few times a year (in her infinite wisdom she moved to Minnesota) and her sister and I want to brew her a beer as a surprise.

She prefers dark beers, nothing heavy in IBU's, just a good all around tasting beer. I don't have nitrogen so getting a creamy head like a Guiness isn't gonna happen. I prefer ales due to equipment issues and I prefer all grain.

Let em rip guys I need to get this brewed this weekend.

What kind of "dark" beers does she like? Stouts? Nut brown ales? porters? British mild? That's a very wide description, and can run the gamut from hoppy to roasty, and everything in between. If you know of one commercial beer she'd like, we can come up with something but "light" and "dark" are far too broad.

Yes topper so etching along that line would work. Never tried an oatmeal so not sure if she'd like that or not

Well its in the fermentation bucket...

Didn't hit the numbers I wanted, mash temp was a tad high (5 degrees) and I never was able to get it down to what I wanted....

I need to keep some purified water frozen for just these situations but didn't have any available.

Original gravity came in at 1.054 versus the target of 1.052....

We'll see what its like in three weeks.

Brewing a Kolsh next weekend.

Back