NB Surly Cynic Ale Extract Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just pitched yeast on it this morning so I won't be able to tell you for awhile but I would be curious to hear others' experiences with this kit.

Just bottled this on saturday. Excellent belgian flavor...not as hoppy as I was expecting. Surly's master brewer said they were going for a Dupont Saison flavor with this....I'll be brewing this one again for sure. In 2 weeks I'll be in Minnesota so I can do a side by side. Will post results later.

I just racked it to secondary on Friday so I could use the yeast in a Strong Dark. I will hopefully be bottling it this weekend. The hydrometer sample tasted amazing. FG was only 1.016 which seems a little high. How did yours finish?

Minnesota this weekend, huh? Headed to the Husker game by chance?

Mine was OG of 1.050 and FG of 1.008. I bottled mine after 25 days in primary and no secondary. My brother introduced me to this beer so I gave him a case of my batch to take back to MN with him. I'll try it sometime on friday or saturday and report back to you.

Yep going up for the Husker game. No tickets yet, but we are still going up as most of the family will be doing so and my brother has someone who might sell us their tickets. If not we'll be sitting in a sports bar watching the game. GO BIG RED!

Yeah, I wouldn't have racked it but I wanted to use the yeast and didn't have time to bottle and brew before going out of town and brewing is more fun.:D

I wonder if my measurement was off somehow because it certainly tasted drier than 1.1016.

Transplanted Husker here. Have fun in MSP. One of my favorite cities. GBR!!

Back