NB Dead Ringer Dry hop ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BurlyWind

Reaction score
So I got a bunch of 1 gallon extract kits from a relative for christmas, and I've brewed all but the dead ringer. I want to add some pizazz to it and thought about dry hopping it with something other than "c" hops lol but can't decide what hops to use, any suggestions guys? Maybe add something else to secondary too?

I've done this one a few times (both the extract and the all-grain versions) and to be honest it's pretty awesome the way it is. It's pretty close to Bell's 2 hearted ale, which is all centennial I believe. By the way I've always just dry hoped this in the primary and never done a secondary.

If you want to add another hop I would probably use Citra or Amarillo in the dry hop. But that's because I really like that combo. It's really personal preference -- whatever you think you will like.

I bought just that citra and amarillo. Bells two hearted is good but i want somethin a little better lol

I really enjoy the aroma of a combination of Galaxy and Citra. Possibly just add an ounce of each to the existing 1 oz of Centennial dry hops. It should be pretty tropical and fruity. Let us know how it turns out!

I've got this kit showing up in the mail tomorrow (barring the oncoming storm doesn't hold it up). Let me know how it turns 's out! . Thanks!

Its been sitting in the carboy for 10 days now. Ended up doing an ounce each of citra and amarillo.

Back