NB coupon-free all grain kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoreCowbell

Reaction score
If anyone interested there is a buy 2 get one free deal on all grain kits at Northern Brewer. Would have used this myself but I just grabbed three kits from them a few weeks ago.

Code is: GOWITHTHEGRAIN

Coupon good through 7/13/13

I used it but had to contact customer svc. Apparently it didn't work if you didn't buy priming sugar on the computer. Quick fix internally and it was discounted. Love their service. Can't wait to brew.

Dead Ringer
Caribou Slobber
Raspberry Wheat;
seem like three good ones to go with Or can anyone else suggest a reasonably priced good one from the inventory....

Did anyone else only get like $20 off? I didn't order because the price shown in my cart didn't even cover the cost of shipping. It didn't seem like much of a deal

Nm, I misread it. I thought it was buy 1 get 2. Don't I feel dumb

was gonna order and went through the process but the discount only was for $16.43 instead of the $19.99 all grain kit I ordered so it wasn't necessarily a free kit. don't know, maybe i did something wrong and it's still a good deal but really would have only covered the cost of shipping. held off on it.

I had the same experience not even the price of any of the kits I was going to order so I canceled it

The price only covered the grain. No priming sugar or yeast was included.

Still a good deal. 3 beer kits for around 100 bucks. Including shipping.

I bought:

Belgian Trippel
German Alt
Surly Cynic

I think they discount the cheapest kit of the 3. Again, it only discounted the grain, not priming sugar or yeast.

I really didn't want to brew this much beer... already had grain for 2 brews on hand when I got the offer, but it was too good of a deal to pass up.

I've always had great luck with their kits. Always good beer. I've taken the recipes and purchased the same grain bills from RiteBrew.com and saved money on the same beer. Good recipes at NB. Just a bit expensive.

Still a good deal. 3 beer kits for around 100 bucks. Including shipping.

I bought:

Belgian Trippel
German Alt
Surly Cynic

I think they discount the cheapest kit of the 3. Again, it only discounted the grain, not priming sugar or yeast.

I really didn't want to brew this much beer... already had grain for 2 brews on hand when I got the offer, but it was too good of a deal to pass up.

I've always had great luck with their kits. Always good beer. I've taken the recipes and purchased the same grain bills from RiteBrew.com and saved money on the same beer. Good recipes at NB. Just a bit expensive.

I'm glad that I have washed yeast available for all three kits. Saved a good 21 bucks or so. Plus I can get a pound of priming sugar for $1.50 at my LHBS. Paying 1.25 for 5 oz seemed a little stupid. I got my cost to just over 21 bucks per kit after shipping. Total was 64 and some change. Not a bad deal at all!

What everyone else said.....they only discounted the kits not the yeast or priming....I didn't have any yeast laying around and the wyeast liquid is a buck cheaper from NB than my LHBS....not bad shipping for what will be a 30 pound plus package.....figure each one is in the 10 pound range grain bill.....

Got my 3 kits for my early Fall brews- Nut Brown, Honey Brown that I'm going to turn into a Porter, and the Scottish 80. Back-to-back-to back with the same yeast. Saved $19.95, although shipping was $25.95. If only they'd open a branch in Maine. If only....

Latest posts

Back