Natural Carb taking the day off

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zman3382

Reaction score
Well... just kegged the 4th batch (that I've kegged rather than bottled). Alot of promise on this one, a chipotle porter, jalepenos in the boil and a chipotle tincture at kegging.. tastes amazing pre carb. My issues so far have been with achieving appropriate carbonation. Keg 1 I force carbonated, it leveled out after a bit and was just about right for a porter.. not quite so fizzy, 12 psi serving temp at around 40 F in a commercial kegerator with additional fans installed etc. The next 2 batches are having some problems. Both have been naturally carbonated, poured enough beer at decent pressure once hooked up to clear the sediment, but upon sitting in the kegerator for a day were flat (not hooked up at the same time.. single keg unit only). They were carbed at kegging (corn sugar) a few months ago. Ive not found any leaks in the gas fittings. Upon being hooked up for a few days they start to carb up a bit.. but nothing like you'd expect, its very odd. I've been through all of the checklists in my head for what could be the problem.. still coming up with nothing.. any thoughts? Im hoping its just something simple. All of my kegs hold pressure for months while empty, I don't think they are the issue.. any thoughts would be appreciated.

Additionally, I am having an issue with a post on a keg I've not used yet.. Hold pressure like a champ, but when I hook up a gas line (ball lock) it doesnt seat well and has an audible leak. Just replace the post? There is nothing visible wrong with it..

Thanks as always! - Zack

Back