National Homebrew Day Giveaway!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I take anyone who visits from out of town on tours of local breweries. I do it for my local friends too. Pretty much anyone who wants I check out a brewery I like it one I haven't been to yet I'm in and will spout commentary and advice non stop.

I've helped multiply the brewing community. I have taught 3 other people how to brew, and they have in turn taught others to brew as well. :tank:

I learned early on that buying brewing equipment can be expensive. So I keep an eye out on Craigslist for people who are getting out of brewing and are selling off their entire collection of equipment. I purchase their equipment and part out about 75% of it. This usually covers the cost of what I paid. I sell the equipment at about 1/2 retail price, so other brewers get a great deal on equipment. Then I keep a few items for myself and upgrade my equipment for free.

In doing this I end up with lots of the little items brewers use (funnels, hydrometers, spoons, etc.) Whenever a new brewer comes to buy something from me, I almost always give them whatever they need of these smaller items. This helps them get started and it's lots of fun for me.

I also give away some bigger items to my friends who are brewers. I gave away a new Barley Crusher to one friend and a 60lb bucket of LME to another friend.

I love helping other people get equipment that they would normally not be able to afford!!

Count me in.

Been brewing for 6 years or so. Love the many ways there are to make beer. Keep trying different ones to make it interesting. In the process of teaching my bro-in-law how to brew as well.

Ok I just started brewing pretty recently. I have a buddy who brews with me regularly and in the begining he would bring a cooler of keystone with him. Last brew session he brought over some Three Floydes. I think this counts.

I started brewing about 9 months ago. In that time I've went from extract to all grain and now to kegging. I've also helped get a new local homebrew club off the ground. I love to use my newfound and ever growing knowledge of beer to convert new people to craft beer. Could use another growler to share some homebrew and convert some more. :tank:

With the help of this forum I've gone from making beer that people politely told me was pretty good to making beer that people request for me to bring over. I've learned a lot about the art of beer making and been able to help others appreciate how much better homebrew is than commercial swill.

I have gotten some people at work in to home brewing for the first time and some of the others that have brewed before to get back in to it with me! Good times at work!

I share any knowledge and homebrew that I have with anyone who is interested and even some who aren't. :)

I am a presence within my subdivision for homebrewing. I spread my homebrews around the neighborhood.

I help others in my local homebrew shop and volunteered to man their booth at 2 craft beer festivals.

I work @ Midwest Brewing,have referred to HomeBrewtalk often for personal, and as a reference for my clientele. Brewed @ the store Saturday! Made a Dusseldorf Alt for an "Iron Brewer" competition using my just completed Hermes system. Hit 82% efficiency. Thanks HBT!

To advance my brewing, I purchased a fermentation chamber, built a stir plate, learned to use a pH meter and started a homebrew blog.

Served lots of homebrew at a party this weekend... had to dig way deep into the glassware cupboard. It was embarassing.

So, could really use that HBT glass. Thanks.

Home brewing since 2011. I don't let a conversation with friends and new acquaintances go by without mentioning homebrewing. Friends buying new homes/renovating always get the ...Now where does the brewer setup go?

Last week I learned that the water coming out of my IC is really hot and hurts when it hits you in the chest.

(really i knew it's hot and was just being careless. almost 100 batches in and it's my first real injury so i guess that's not too bad.)

What did I do to advance brewing this weekend? I survived it! Splashing, falling, forgetting & remembering. What a day! But it did make for a couple of amusing pages in my 2nd book on this happy madness we all enjoy so much. Plus my family learned more about the variables involved with brewing. I'm learning a bit more about substitutions & how BS2 relates to them. Especially those last-minute, why the F did I not get enough of this one stuff. So more fodder for the teaching of noobs...or anyone else willing to listen, learn & laugh.

Spent some time yesterday working on my house pale recipe. Basically just sat and thought about it, while stroking my beard.

Oh, and I advanced the life of my kegged brew yesterday by being too hungover/tired to drink at all.

Just yesterday at a ukulele meetup I brought some homebrew. Another fellow ukulele player had some and I then talked for over an hour about homebrew and I think he will be attending the next meeting with my homebrew club. I love to talk homebrew with anyone. I think I got a new person to start brewing.

My other "hobby" is motorcycles and as I was teaching a Basic Rider Course this weekend I didn't get a chance to brew. However, after getting home from class both days, around 1830, I enjoyed a nice amber ale that's on tap in the DIY keezer while working on one of my motorcycles. My wife doesn't normally drink beer but seemed to finish about half of my pint while saying she enjoyed it, we talked about the day and for some strange reason she started asking questions about craft beers. Win-Win!!!

My buddy and I started to bring homebrew to our annual canoe trip (group of 10 guys). We used to buy several commercial kegs for the trip and have now replaced (almost) all of the commercial beer with our beer.

I share yeast with the brewing club at work to get folks to branch out more. One guy uses an English yesat for his saison...

I've gotten two of my buddies to start brewing because of their interest in my brewing. Now I am growing hops to try to spread the love even more by giving out fresh free hops!

IMG_2485.jpg

I did a joint brew session at my house with a buddy and showed him BIAB. He moved from extract to all grain within a month after that. I like to take credit for it.

I made my brother a STC 1000 temp controller and gave him a brew belt so he could maintain ferment temps in the winter.

Over the last year I have gotten 3 friends into homebrewing and I am working on the fourth

I organized an all company testing at work. 4 brewers, 6 different beers. It was a huge hit and interest from several other coworkers on how to get started with the hobby.

I'm letting my neighbor use all my old equipment (kettle/burner/etc.) and coach him through his first extract batch. Tried my beer once and was hooked, but I need to get him brewing his own so he stops asking for free beer. He does snowblow my driveway quite a bit, so it's alright I suppose.

I don't think I want to start him on AG because I just don't feel like being over there for the whole process.

Back in college I frequently took homebrew to parties to share (before I was old enough to buy beer). It probably wasn't that great, as I was still a beginner, but it all got drank, and it had to be better than the Keystone Light everyone else was drinking. People seemed to enjoy it.

My advancement of homebrewing: c̶o̶n̶t̶r̶i̶b̶u̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶e̶l̶i̶n̶q̶u̶e̶n̶c̶y̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶m̶i̶n̶o̶r̶s̶ ̶ introducing my fellow classmates to end result of homebrewing

Besides sanitation in brewing , it's always wise to keep clear concise notes of each brew so you can find out what works great and what doesn't work so great! :drunk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back