Naked City Brewing has a location!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bar looks incredible. Great Job!

The Restaurant Manager part of me has so many questions for you.
The Beer Lover part just wants to grab a chair and :tank:

As someone who makes a living as a bartender at a very successful beer bar, it looks like you are creating a very successful brew pub. I'll drink one to you now and the next time I'm out Seattle way I'll do you several better!

Wow, I've been watching your place go up for a while in anticipation and just happened to stumble across this thread. I live just north of Greenwood a ways so I will definitely be stopping by once your open! Didn't make it through the whole thread but saw some of the recent pictures and it looks great!

Damn I just now found this thread! The place sure has come a long ways since I dropped by a month or 2 ago. Its looking awesome man!

If plans are still up for an opening night HBT meetup, I'll be there.:mug:

Sorry, I should've linked it myself. :eek:

We will be open on the 22nd! Just passed health inspection today. We'll start receiving beer in the door next week.

Naked City Taphouse is finally a reality!!!:ban:

Naked City Brewery will hopefully be up and running by the end of the year. In the meantime, come by and enjoy 24 taps of craft beer goodness. :mug:

Once I get all the beer in house, I'll post our opening day lineup.

And here are a few more pics for good measure.

N C Constr10.2008 007.jpg

N C Constr10.2008 009.jpg

N C Constr10.2008 010.jpg

N C Constr10.2008 012.jpg

N C Constr10.2008 013.jpg

If I can get a job up thereabouts, and if SWMBO and I can unload our house.... I would SO totally work a 2nd job there with ya bud!

+1 to the legion of well-wishers. This looks like it's going to be a really great neighborhood spot. I drove by the other day and it was really neat seeing how quiet it is outside with the windows papered up and knowing that all this was lurking in there.

Any other locals up for an opening-night meetup?

I'll be there at 4pm for the opening if anyone else wants to say hello.

My plan is to win the California Lottery, quit my job and brew some crazy assed nano-brew for you to toss on tap. :ban:

If that doesn't happen... I'll just have to say Grats on the new place and I'll see you on my next trip to Sea-town.

I might be there that weekend, no guarantees yet. If not, then definately the following weekend.

Hoping to get there this weekend! Congratulations on the opening...I've had a few friends go by and they were impressed!

Just found this thread, Your place looks great! Thanks for sharing the build with all the rest of us.

I live in Seattle and will stop by for a Pint RIGHT NOW!!

Also are you going to have a thread about the brewery build too?

We gotta be past (or at leased nearing) the 100 day mark on this baby... Any updates for us? How's business? new beers?... are there neked chicks running around the pub yet? Any upcoming events we need to know about?

Either business is so damn good BT doesn't have time for us any more or he's just hiding...waiting... to hatch his evil plan..... to rule the brewing world:D

We gotta be past (or at leased nearing) the 100 day mark on this baby... Any updates for us? How's business? new beers?... are there neked chicks running around the pub yet? Any upcoming events we need to know about?

Either business is so damn good BT doesn't have time for us any more or he's just hiding...waiting... to hatch his evil plan..... to rule the brewing world:D

The Naked City website is up to date, and they have a constantly updating RSS feed for new beers as well. Still BT, check in and let us know what is happening.

dude, that place is sick! great work and fun thread to read. i've got some buddies in the seattle area, i'll be sure to send them your way!

Finally getting around to writing up how great of a trip we had in Seattle—mainly to visit fellow HBT’er, tour guide, beer expert, and awesome taphouse owner, Brewtopia.

We got into Seattle in the afternoon, and made our way to the Taphouse pretty much right after we checked into our hotel. Don met us at the door and immediately started us with a steady flow of awesome beer. Of course my first one was Naked City Dubbel, OMFG what an awesome beer. Now I know why he chose this to be on tap first. It kicks serious butt. Unfortunately, I only got one, because fortunately Don had other plans as far as showing us other great beers. That first night is a blur, but it was such an awesome time. The next day, SWMBO and I (with a right nasty hangover) toured Redhook and the Chateau St. Michelle winery. Beautiful place. Later that day, we had the extreme pleasure of participating in a beer dinner sponsored by Collins Pub. The beers were featured by Lost Abbey and Port Brewing. It was an amazing experience. I posted a blurry pic of the menu below. It was incredible food and incredible beer. We also got to see Don’s awesome wife again. She’s a trip.

The next day, Don met us at Pike’s Market and totally went all out as tour guide. It was so cool. We started at Pike’s Pub, got to schmooze with the brewmaster a bit (I’m convinced Don knows EVERYONE in Seattle if it has to do with beer), got an awesome brewery tour (SWMBO even got a complimentary sixxer of Kilt Lifter plucked right off the bottling line), and then we headed to Elysian, where again Don’s first stop was to chat with the brewmaster who happened to be eating lunch at the bar. We got some more amazing beers and a friggin awesome lunch (Mushroom and Steak Stroganoff) and another brewery tour.

What impresses me about Don is that he is so generous and so gracious--he didn't have to take time from his busy schedule to be such an awesome host guiding us around--but what most impressed me was that he always introduced SWMBO and myself to whomever he was talking to, no matter the status of that person. That is really cool. Plus, I’d bet he has forgotten more about beer than I’ll ever know, and I highly doubt he forgets much. ;) He knows so much about different beers he’s had—it is truly an awesome experience just chatting with him.

Now, more on Naked City. Pictures don’t do it justice. It is exactly how I imagined it would be, eclectic, classy, and yet completely down to Earth. The staff there was totally awesome—helpful from the word go and you could tell everyone really enjoyed working there. I told Don it is a good sign when the employees hang out there on their off-time. I can't wait until he starts brewing. I'd clean the mash-tun anytime! ;)

We totally fell in love with Seattle, and I guarantee I'd be a regular at Naked City--it is a perfect place. The "Don's" really have something special.

Truly awesome visit!

What a great write up. I have been joansin to get out there myself, but now I really am motivated. I am glad to hear it is going well - like any of us had a doubt. Thanks Dude!

What a great write up. I have been joansin to get out there myself, but now I really am motivated. I am glad to hear it is going well - like any of us had a doubt. Thanks Dude!

I like that it's in a really cool sorta bohemian section of town.

BTW: Was it just me or does downtown Seattle blow as far as nightlife is concerned? I'm going to try a different hotel next time where I can walk to someplace decent.

I like that it's in a really cool sorta bohemian section of town.

BTW: Was it just me or does downtown Seattle blow as far as nightlife is concerned? I'm going to try a different hotel next time where I can walk to someplace decent.

Yeah downtown is not the place to be for good beer-related nightlife. Send one of us an email next time and we can point you in the right direction.

The place looks awesome. Congrats! One of my friends and I really want to open a brewpub later on down the road. We are working toward it. I hope my dream turns into a reality as well.

Great thread, I would have to say my favorite on here since I have joined. Awesome job, very inspiring. One of these days when I make it to more than the Seattle airport on the way to Alaska I will definitely be stopping by. I wish you nothing but the best!

I met Don at the Exbeerience beer festival on Saturday, their Dubbel he was pouring was excellent.

We we're planning on going to the zoo on sunday and stopping at the pub before or after, but my daughter had a rough night on saturday for some reason (I'll blame it on molars) so we decided to pack it up and drive home.

Can't wait to actually make it out to the pub and sit down and enjoy more of the beers they are pouring. It'll be especially nice once they are pouring more of their own beer

It was great to meet you Bokonon, and congrats on winning Washington Homebrewer of the Year!!!

I met Don at the Exbeerience beer festival on Saturday, their Dubbel he was pouring was excellent.

We we're planning on going to the zoo on sunday and stopping at the pub before or after, but my daughter had a rough night on saturday for some reason (I'll blame it on molars) so we decided to pack it up and drive home.

Can't wait to actually make it out to the pub and sit down and enjoy more of the beers they are pouring. It'll be especially nice once they are pouring more of their own beer

Well it looks like I'll be driving through seattle, as we migrate to Juneau, so I'll be stoping by. Im not sure where it is, but we'll have my girlfriends cousin there to help navigate.
Cant wait to see the place and more importantly try the beer.

Back