Coffin Keezer Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DamnRedhead

Reaction score
Hey all,
Thank you to all the people who have posted their builds... I'm ready to share my almost done build! My main next step is I'd love feedback on how to finish the top. It's simply pine, so I was thinking of doing an epoxy resin. I have a few hundred bottle caps I was thinking of using, however, my fiancee said she doesn't want that in our living room (and I honestly can't argue on that). My other thought was since we're getting married next year I could put pictures and memorabilia of us at local breweries together... that wasn't quite a no, but wasn't a yes. So I'd love to hear other thoughts!

I started with the 7.1 cubic foot Sam's Club $199 special. and an inkbird t-stat. It can hold 4 kegs, 1 can be a 1/6 bbl commercial (she loves Ginger's Revenge alcoholic ginger beer, so we keep a 1/6 keg on tap). Built a basic frame out of pine 2x4's, and finished it out with simple molding and corrugated aluminum. On the left I built extra space for our liquor - the next step is building that door.

I double primed, insulated, and foil taped the collar around the keezer. I'll be doing the same to the underside of the lid (1" foam insulation). I'll probably end up with the standard 3 holes into the tower (sealed with pvc pipe & silicone) - 2 for beer lines and one for airflow, and the entire tower will be lined in the same 1" foam. I have some standard Amazon 12v thermostats to control a fan into the tower, as well as another one to control some fans around the ventilation on the exterior of the freezer.

Am I missing, overlooking, or overthinking anything?

Attachments

• Keezer 8.jpeg
    Keezer 8.jpeg
    316.3 KB · Views: 75
  • Keezer 1.jpeg
    Keezer 1.jpeg
    331 KB · Views: 71
  • Keezer 2.jpeg
    Keezer 2.jpeg
    326.9 KB · Views: 67
  • Keezer 3.jpeg
    Keezer 3.jpeg
    442.4 KB · Views: 62
  • Keezer 4.jpeg
    Keezer 4.jpeg
    280.3 KB · Views: 64
  • Keezer 5.jpeg
    Keezer 5.jpeg
    320 KB · Views: 69
  • Keezer 6.jpeg
    Keezer 6.jpeg
    337.3 KB · Views: 74
  • Keezer 7.jpeg
    Keezer 7.jpeg
    334.1 KB · Views: 68
Very nice build. I like that you designed the cabinet to replace the keezer down the road with a similar size unit with the original keezer dies.

I like the look of tile on the top. There are many choices that you and your fiancee could agree on (marble, granite, slate, etc).

Where do you plan on putting your CO2 tank?

Thanks! The future possible change was built into the design. On picture 2 there is a bit of a gap on the right hand side... that's large enough to hold a 10# CO2 tank.

Back