n00b in Ohio wine country

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

egiblock

Reaction score
hi all. I'm in Ohio outside of Cleveland near wine country. we are surrounded by wineries. they are good up here if you like sweet wines. I really love the sweet stuff, but I got spoiled when i went to Napa with my wife last year though, and love the nice Cab's from out there.

I have 2 primary fermenters, 2x 6 gal carboy's and a 3 gal carboy. Sticking primarly with the Island Mist kits and always adding sugar at the beginning to always take them up around 10.5% abv.

haven't taken the next step to just doing it myself without the kit mix, but it's so easy. who knows what time will tell.

i look forward to talking with you all and making my wine making experience a better one.

:tank::tank::tank::tank::tank::tank:

There's a few wineries out my way as well. John Christ is a good one over in my side of Westlake on Detroit Rd. Trying to remember my old landlords name, as they have a winery nearby as well. A couple LHBS too. There's also a wine forum down below...:tank:

i've been posting more and more now.. took a while for this post to get up. but I like this place. opened up my eyes to some new stuff i'm going to try this year

Klingshirn is the other winery I couldn't remember before. It's around Avon somewhere. Been years since I've been there. Many of the fields of grapes have been reduced to businesses & apartments though. Area used to smell great around the time they ripened.:tank:

Back