n00b from Picksburgh

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beezy

Reaction score
What's up guys? I am a n00b in the true sense, I haven't started brewing yet. Just doing a lot of information gathering and within the next couple months I'll be grabbing some gear. Been wanting to get going for about 5 years now but have poured my money into my other hobby, music. Going to lay low on that for a while because I have this itch that needs to be scratched. I am not really interested in Lagers but any type of ale and possibly some soda and who knows before I am done. What else? I got into cooking about 6 years ago when I started a family. Cant afford to eat out all the time but that doesnt mean I have to eat bland food!

Beezy,

Welcome to HBT! It's good to read up on brewing before going too crazy, but I'm sure I won't be alone in saying that the best way to learn anything is to do it. I started brewing less than two years ago on a $100 setup and fell in love with it. Be careful, brewing has a way of leeching 0's from your bank account...

I'm glad you found the forum, the people here are very friendly and love to share their knowledge/experience.

Thanks. Honestly I am ready to dive in. I think I already know enough to get going but the boss hasnt extended my allowance yet to get some equipment. There is a homebrew supplier 5 minutes from my house ill be down there in 3 minutes once I get the cash.

I am in the same position as you. I have been reading up for quite sometime now and am ready to take the jump. I'll hopefully be getting a complete starter kit for my birthday in a couple weeks, and plan to start brewing in early May after I graduate college.

Welcome to the forum and good luck brewing!

Ha what a coinkidink my birthday is in a few weeks as well. I am probably a bit older tho. Going to be 37 yikes! Whatever cash money I get is going towards a kit.

Latest posts

Back