My wife just called it "armadillo hops"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I can find the market presence for Armadillo was short lived, somewhere around 2014-2015 was pretty much it.
I sure can't find anything in the last couple of years referencing its availability.

And being experimental the odds of it growing in some auntie's front yard are vanishingly small.
So this anecdote shall be considered "cute" in deference to the OP...

Cheers! ;)

From what I can find the market presence for Armadillo was short lived, somewhere around 2014-2015 was pretty much it.
I sure can't find anything in the last couple of years referencing its availability.

And being experimental the odds of it growing in some auntie's front yard are vanishingly small.
So this anecdote shall be considered "cute" in deference to the OP...

Cheers! ;)
And how does auntie know that the hops growing in her front yard are actually Amarillo?

My 85 year old grandmother told us once she was growing what she thought were hops in her front yard, but one day cops pulled up and yanked the plants out of the ground and told her not to do it again or there would be trouble. Lesson learned: don't grow "hops" in your front yard. Best left for somewhere in the back or a seldom used closet.

Back