my wife is ruining me

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At lextasy, I guess u didn't read the rest of the tthread. I mentioned that I didn't mention anything to her about it.. I was simply venting here bc it was a little annoying that she shares the same views as me, yet on that day she didn't or w/e... Read the entire thread before you talk ****.

And if I was in vegas, id still drink a sublime over a bmc anyday. Quality, not quantity my friend.

Btw...I was drunk when I started this thread, but I don't remember ever saying I just randomly start lecturing ppl about craft beer vs beer giants...even if they offer me a bmc...I do politely decline, and if asked why, I just tell them. Most of my good friends know me well enough to know (like what yooper said)...but those that don't, I just say no thanks. U guys think I'm some sort of a-hole narcassistic guy or something?..lol..I guess I can see why...

Btw...I was drunk when I started this thread, but I don't remember ever saying I just randomly start lecturing ppl about craft beer vs beer giants...even if they offer me a bmc...I do politely decline, and if asked why, I just tell them. Most of my good friends know me well enough to know (like what yooper said)...but those that don't, I just say no thanks. U guys think I'm some sort of a-hole narcassistic guy or something?..lol..I guess I can see why...

I think it was this part....

I won't drink...in fact...I make it PERFECTLY CLEAR why I refuse to drink (because I refuse to support AB or miller/coors or inbev or any of that bs)

Perhaps you meant that your wife knows why you wont drink it? We all (I assume) took it to mean you lecture everyone at the gathering as to why.

Thanks you sdcore, and thank you everyone else for speaking you minds...I was on a "hate" rampage, and although I do belive each their own, it is vey easy to misinterpret peoples emotions by reading texts only.

I know bmc will always be around, and I know us homebrewers will always be there "fighting"...I guess I just get fed up...especially when so called "advocates" admit to drinking/buying their product...almost like they are a traitor....but, I'm guilty as well, I have neen there, and there has been time in my life where I thought that "beer" was just the "fizzy yellow stuff"....I guess that's why I'm so for the "cause" now..because I've "seen the light"....and I want to "convert" people....but I agree with whoever said being a stickler could be just as bad as it could be good...anyways...

Sdcore..we should get up, talk ****, and brew sometime....

Cheers everyone

I didn't have time to read the whole thread - did these two end up getting a room together or not?

maybe thats why i don't have many friends. :( cept you guys.

GroupHug.jpg

No one makes me drink something I don't like and I don't make anyone drink things they don't like. Why get upset about it?

If you went to a friends house for a BBQ, and they offered you hot dog?
Would you say "no thanks I don't like hot dogs"
or would you say, "Hot dogs are disgusting, the put ground up pig ass in them. And even worse those dogs are made by XX corp that is owned by YY corp. and I don't like that company because they are trying to put all the craft sausage makers out of buisiness. And besides that YY corp is not American. I will only eat handmade hot dogs produced locally by a Kosher butcher, and you should too"
Or how about this:
"hey you want to come to BBQ?"
"sure what you cooking"
"dogs, and I get a keg of Bud Lite"
"cool I'll bring some burgers, and a keg of home brew"

if you went to a friends house for a bbq, and they offered you hot dog?
Would you say "no thanks i don't like hot dogs"
or would you say, "hot dogs are disgusting, the put ground up pig ass in them. And even worse those dogs are made by xx corp that is owned by yy corp. And i don't like that company because they are trying to put all the craft sausage makers out of buisiness. And besides that yy corp is not american. I will only eat handmade hot dogs produced locally by a kosher butcher, and you should too"
or how about this:
"hey you want to come to bbq?"
"sure what you cooking"
"dogs, and i get a keg of bud lite"
"cool i'll bring some burgers, and a keg of home brew"

+1

Wine snobs I meet are always the worst; I get so annoyed by them.

Sadly I now see them moving over to the beer scene, bringing along there smug self-centered attitudes. Like airborne guy hinted at, this is the norm on beer advocate, and becoming more of a constant theme with beer drinkers I meet.

But not on HOMEBREWTALK! Never! hahahaha.

I love it when people make posts like this and assume we'll be impressed by your pitiful snobbery.

Ok, so I'm a huge craftbeer advocate. If we are at a party/gathering, and the only thing being served is AB products...I won't drink...in fact...I make it PERFECTLY CLEAR why I refuse to drink (because I refuse to support AB or miller/coors or inbev or any of that bs) but my wife will willingly grab a beer...AND DRINK IT OUT OF THE BOTTLE...KNOWING THAT ITS BLASFAMY to drink out of anything other than a glass in my presence...on top of drinking any of the so called "kings" of the brew world......it sucks that I'm living with this ignorance, bc at home..she's on board with all my "anarchy" and beer etiquete...but in public, if the only option is piss water, she's on board...what's a craft brewer to do???

You give us no context. If your wife happens to be Marisa Miller and you are complaining about her drinking a Bud, you should probably STFU and enjoy her sweer pooner. If your wife looks like Janet Reno and drinks Bud, I have the number of a good attorney for you.

Ok, so I'm a huge craftbeer advocate. If we are at a party/gathering, and the only thing being served is AB products...I won't drink...in fact...I make it PERFECTLY CLEAR why I refuse to drink (because I refuse to support AB or miller/coors or inbev or any of that bs) but my wife will willingly grab a beer...AND DRINK IT OUT OF THE BOTTLE...KNOWING THAT ITS BLASFAMY to drink out of anything other than a glass in my presence...on top of drinking any of the so called "kings" of the brew world......it sucks that I'm living with this ignorance, bc at home..she's on board with all my "anarchy" and beer etiquete...but in public, if the only option is piss water, she's on board...what's a craft brewer to do???

Don't act like the ******* Vegan.

Biced_Cold said:

STFU and have a bmc! Honor your host!

Back