My wife has regressed...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Challenger440

Reaction score
She asked me today that, because I now have a temperature controller hooked up to the beer fridge and can lager, if I could make her something like Corona... I thought I had roped her in with a few pales and a tasty porter in the works soon. Alas, skunky yellow beer she wants.

Sounds like she's endorsing your brewing so why not embrace her request? Make a smallish batch (if you can find a Corona clone) and maybe make a batch of BierMuncher's Centennial ale at the same time. Do a blind taste test of both to help her discovers which she prefers.

Just an idea. Good luck!

Dans idea would work. Or else get some 32's of Corona Extra and acid etch the silk screen off the bottles, and tell you brewed em up special, just for her.

Try the Cream of Three Crops recipe, but use the Mexican Cerveza lager strain.

She asked me today that, because I now have a temperature controller hooked up to the beer fridge and can lager, if I could make her something like Corona... I thought I had roped her in with a few pales and a tasty porter in the works soon. Alas, skunky yellow beer she wants.

you have the temp control.
step up your game and make an american light lager. If you can brew that, you can brew anything.

I make a Corona clone from Austin. It is actually a good light beer that is refreshing in the summer. Not skunky at all.

I also make Stouts, Porters Belguims and other HG brews.

Don't be a hater. Try it. At least she is not telling you to stop brewing.

Well since it won't be sorting around in the heat in clear bottles your corona won't be skunky. I brewed AHS light lager recipe for the same reason. My wifes fave beer was miller light. So I brewed the AHS recipe for her and she loved it. It really helps if the wife feels like she is benefiting from your hobby so get busy brewing her what she wants!

I agree, make your best attempt to clone it screw it. I doubt it will be skunky though, prolly taste pretty good without the skunk flavor, lol.

Every other batch I brew is "wife's choice". Right now we are drinking Haus Pale Ale and Centennial Blonde.

For my SWMBO it's a light kolsch. Simple brew and fermentation schedule. I brew a big batch every other time and we're happy campers. Nothing wrong with a light, refreshing beer. Plenty of Kolsch on tap and I get to make plenty of pale ales and any other styles that come to mind.

One of these days if I can get far enough ahead with the pipeline I'll try a lager. I can only do 10 gallons at a time. Maybe in the winter I'll get to it.

txinga

Yeah I know I am a lucky man. My wife encourages my brewing habits and wants to put brewing in our budget when funds will allow. I was just caught off guard since she really liked Edwort's Haus Pale and a brown ale I made. The only thing she has turned her nose up to so far is a stout saying it is too roasty. I am in the middle of doing a series of beers aimed for her taste bud exploration. Coming this Tuesday will be a strawberry blonde and a pale ale (though this is more for me, I want to expose her to different hops), then Deny's bourbon vanilla porter. I think I am going to finish the series with an Oatmeal stout and take 2.5 gallons of that and chocolatize it, then take 1.25 gallons of that and add mint.

I cracked open a strong stout the other day, my wife tried a sip, looked at me and said "wow, I want one" she is not a beer drinker and akways thought dark beer was gross. I have converted her.

I cracked open a strong stout the other day, my wife tried a sip, looked at me and said "wow, I want one" she is not a beer drinker and akways thought dark beer was gross. I have converted her.

My wife and I went to the local brewery and I went up to the counter and ordered a Rye IPA and a stout on nitro. The guy pulled the IPA and told me it would be a couple minutes on the stout waiting for the head to go down. He brought it over to our table a few minutes later and saw my wife and said, "Oh the stout's for you?! All right!" I get the impression not many women order it.

Luckily I'm graced with a beer drinking SWMBO. We just finished 5 gallons of our peach blonde the other week. She loved it as did I. I can't wait to bottle the nut brown ale and start another stout!

What she wants is a good tasty lager. There are lots of very good microbrewed ales out there, but how many very good microbrewed lagers are out there? I started brewing darker ales, because way back when I started brewing there were very few of these available. Now there are lots of very good choices out there. What is lacking now is a wide selection of great tasting lagers. Now I find myself brewing more and more lagers because they are harder to find

Ska Brewing's "Mexican Logger" was cloned on the Jamil Show recently. Ya may want to listen to that podcast.

but how many very good microbrewed lagers are out there? I started brewing darker ales, because way back when I started brewing there were very few of these available.

Craft brewers are starting to make lagers. There's a couple places in the area that only make lagers. Takes a lot more equipment to maintain the pipeline.

Tell her she can have a Corona, when you get an Edmund Fitzgerald!

Then while she's looking up what an Edmund Fitzgerald is, you run like hell!

Homercidal said:
Tell her she can have a Corona, when you get an Edmund Fitzgerald!

Then while she's looking up what an Edmund Fitzgerald is, you have the perfect opportunity for a sneak attack!

Fixed.

Back