My take on the Midwest Belgian Honey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

year2beer

Reaction score
Ladies/Gents,

It's been a full 6 weeks since I brewed my Belgian Honey. I followed the recipe to a T, and it has finally matured to a drinkable level...

It finished at 8% ABV, a little high--but the alchohol doesn't come through AT ALL...

It has a TON of candi sugar nose... and when it hits your lips--it holds that sweet flavor through the entire drink. There is a little background of bitterness once swallowed, but this beer is far more malty/sugary than balanced or hoppy...

I have had quite a few belgian wiessbeers since I moved to italy 2 years ago. This is VERY similar to the flavors I have found locally. Consequently, I think my beer is a bit younger--but has MORE potential than any of the belgians I have had. This kit was well thought out... and is EXTREMELY close to what you may find in Belgium.

ALL IN ALL: I RECOMMEND THIS KIT... it's not what you expect, but it is also not an AMERICAN beer. You will enjoy the flavor but more importantly... the experience of creating a foreign brew in your own backyard, basement, or aparment...

CHEERS!

J:mug:

Back