My regulator keeps resetting itself to zero

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orangevango

Reaction score
There were some people at my house last night drinking my first kegged beer. It was going great until the beer started barely trickling out of the taps. No big deal, I opened the kegerator and looked at the regulator; it was reading zero. Just before that I had it set on 9psi. What happened? This is the second time the regulator has done this in a week.

There were some people at my house last night drinking my first kegged beer. It was going great until the beer started barely trickling out of the taps. No big deal, I opened the kegerator and looked at the regulator; it was reading zero. Just before that I had it set on 9psi. What happened? This is the second time the regulator has done this in a week.

I know with mine if I adjust the psi without bleeding some out I get a "false" reading. The regulator shows the right pressure, but the valve is actually closed enough to not allow CO2 to pressurize the keg.

I adjust slightly then bleed some out of the gas out connector. Then repeat if/as needed to get to my set psi, in your case 9.

Back