My recipe, your guess.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KavDaven

Reaction score
Several weeks ago, I went out and bought some grains and hops with a recipe I found here on HBT.

10.5 Pale
1 Munich
1 C20

3 oz Centenial
1 oz Warrior

I've lost the recipe. Have no idea what this beer will turn out as. I'm sure I'll remember the recipe, half way through my boil.

Any guesses as to what the recipe might be?

How would you approach this mystery brew day?

I think I'll add a few half ounces of left over hops and go for a mixed up IPA.

You could make a pretty solid pale ale or IPA from this (it looks like a pale to me, but with your idea to add some extra hops, it will quickly and easily become an IPA).

I would do it pretty straightforward, like this:
Mash the grains around 150.
Bitter with warrior, use centennial as your late/dry hop additions, add other hops if you so desire, et voila!

What yeast are you going to use? Chico is an obvious choice, and wlp007 would be great as well. You could also get more whacky with it if you wanted, but it seems to call for a less assertive yeast character.

Just my .02

Looks like an IPA, 1.065 OG
Should be plenty hoppy with what you have listed, Warrior @60 and split the cent. up later in the boil,flameout,dry hop. thats what I would do

Kind of a mix between a the Bell's two-hearted and ruination recipes here on HBT. Regardless, should be tasty!

I'm using PacMan today. Again, I bought this yeast specifically for that recipe... still hasn't come back to me.

My extra hops are 0.5 oz Citra and 0.4 Amarillo.

Not PacMan.

San Diego Super Yeast WLP090. No starter. This beer will be my starter and I'll harvest afterward.

10.5 Pale
1 Munich
1 C20

3 oz Centenial
1 oz Warrior

How would you approach this mystery brew day?

Mash at 150F until conversion is complete.
Warrior for 60 minutes
1 oz centennial for hopstand for 30-60 minutes
Additional left over hops for hopstand also
2 oz centennial for dryhop
US05/wlp001/wy1056 (edit: good choice on wlp090!)

The mystery recipe...

EDWORT'S STONE IPA !!

Unbelievable. Here I am looking for inspiration for my next brew day and I find the recipe, finally.

Back