My Pipeline runneth over

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannable1975

Reaction score
Since joining HBT from time to time I have read posts that basically boil down to " I have too much beer. I brew more than I drink."

Impossible I said, and posted. How can anyone ever look at those amber bottles of sweet hoppy goodness and think of them as "too many" or " too much"? How can one person not be able to brew up a batch or two every week on average and at the same time not drink / share / party enough to keep the line moving?

And then, it happened to me.

Right this second, as I type , this is my on hand inventory:
( For clarity, I have never brewed anything except 5 gallon batches )

Half batch Black Cherry Stout by AHS
Half a batch of an Irish Red kit, in 12 oz bottles
3/4 batch of a small beer, in flip tops
3/4 batch London Porter from AHS in flip tops ( btw - good recipe / brew )
5 gal keg 2 Row Ale
5 gal keg Mild Malt Ale
5 gal Keg SNPA clone
5 gal keg low ABV Amber
5 gal keg super malty Mild
bottled batch barley wine
bottled batch ESB
secondary / dry hopping Miller Lite ale from HBT boards
secondary / dry hopping 152 IBU ale
secondary / aging Belgian blonde

Brewing my first lager with friends this saturday ( they have a lager fridge, I do not )

And I have 3 fermenting buckets empty and am about to go crazy wanting to have a 15 gallon brewday!

I know one response to these " Holy crap look at all the beer!" posts is - "Have a party!"

I am doing that next weekend - I am having a fundraising party dubbed " Beer is better than cancer" where 4 of the kegs will be served, and guests get all they want, for donating all the loose change they can bring. ( It's going to St. Baldric;'s, who funds research in the area of Cancer concerning children and infants ).:rockin:

But even so - I still have WAY TOO MUCH beer.

There, I said it.

Let the hazing begin :) :mug:

I never have too much beer. I tell the SWMBO that it's "inventory". 6 beers on tap, 3 kegs conditioning, a couple of carboys full, and cases upon cases on the shelf in the 'man-room'. Yeah, inventory, that's it....

PS: Prost to you for the charity thing. Awesome....

I started the same thread a few months back - way too much beer I thought. Well all it takes is some unforseen variables - bad weather, work, the flu, thirsty friends...and my pipeline is down to a few pints left in a keg about to kick. Got 25 gallons fermenting which won't be ready for a while :(

Sorry for your....debacle, but I love the charity idea. Probably the best idea I've heard in a long time. Kyle

My solution would be now to start brewing High Abv RIS and barleywines that will require a lot of aging. You will be forced to drink the beers you have on hand since the others wont be ready for eternity hence helping you reduce your pipeline... great job on the charity. Sounds like it should be fun!

You sir, have my heartfelt respect, and admiration.
You also get, for no charge at all, my abject loathing and uncarbonated jealousy!

NICE, on the charity event!

even though its only 4 kegs, i hope you make hundreds of dollars and are allowed to buy grain for the next event with nickles and dimes:

Beer CHANGES Cancer!
or 'Change beer' for Cancer.

Since joining HBT from time to time I have read posts that basically boil down to " I have too much beer. I brew more than I drink."

Impossible I said, and posted. How can anyone ever look at those amber bottles of sweet hoppy goodness and think of them as "too many" or " too much"? How can one person not be able to brew up a batch or two every week on average and at the same time not drink / share / party enough to keep the line moving?

And then, it happened to me.

Right this second, as I type , this is my on hand inventory:
( For clarity, I have never brewed anything except 5 gallon batches )

Half batch Black Cherry Stout by AHS
Half a batch of an Irish Red kit, in 12 oz bottles
3/4 batch of a small beer, in flip tops
3/4 batch London Porter from AHS in flip tops ( btw - good recipe / brew )
5 gal keg 2 Row Ale
5 gal keg Mild Malt Ale
5 gal Keg SNPA clone
5 gal keg low ABV Amber
5 gal keg super malty Mild
bottled batch barley wine
bottled batch ESB
secondary / dry hopping Miller Lite ale from HBT boards
secondary / dry hopping 152 IBU ale
secondary / aging Belgian blonde

Brewing my first lager with friends this saturday ( they have a lager fridge, I do not )

And I have 3 fermenting buckets empty and am about to go crazy wanting to have a 15 gallon brewday!

I know one response to these " Holy crap look at all the beer!" posts is - "Have a party!"

I am doing that next weekend - I am having a fundraising party dubbed " Beer is better than cancer" where 4 of the kegs will be served, and guests get all they want, for donating all the loose change they can bring. ( It's going to St. Baldric;'s, who funds research in the area of Cancer concerning children and infants ).:rockin:

But even so - I still have WAY TOO MUCH beer.

There, I said it.

Let the hazing begin :) :mug:

How do I get an invite to the party? I wanna drink your, I mean support charity. Yeah, that's what I meant. J/k, good luck with the party and the fundraising. I hope you make plenty of space to brew more!

I wish I had this problem. I just moved back from Hawaii before Christmas and am a propane exchange away from giving my new setup a test run this week. So I have zero homebrew and my growlers from stone are empty. I aspire for a pipeline overflow.

I was once told by a very wise man that there are only two kinds of problems in the world: there are problems and there are wonderful problems. Having too much beer on hand is a wonderful problem. Cheers for making the best of it and sharing for a cause.:tank:

My freezer is currently tied up for 8 weeks due to a lager I'm doing, so my pipeline is diminishing. Once I free up the freezer I will be making a Mint Chocolate Oatmeal Stout and a Hop Bomb that includes a 1 oz. Warrior hop addition @ 60 minutes.

You have a very nice "problem" and it's awesome that you're donating.

Back