My patience, or lack of, got the better of me.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave11980

Reaction score
It's been 1 week since I bottled my first batch. I decided I couldn't wait any longer and threw 1 in the fridge to cool off and drink. All I can say is wow. It's probably not the best beer I've ever had (I drink mostly craft brew) but it's good and drinkable for sure. It's pretty light on alcohol, only about 4%, which I knew it would be from my gravities. It's very hoppy with decent bittering. All around I'm very pleased and wishing I hadn't decided to start out doing small 1 gallon batches. If only I had 5 gallons of this stuff. :( Oh well, I've been faithfully brewing 1 gallon a week so I should have a new beer every week from here on out. If I keep getting good results like this I'll be getting a bigger setup real quick.

STEP AWAY FROM THE BEER! :D

Let it age out some. If you don't I predict that you're doing to start a new thread next week with the title, "My last beer was the best, wish I let them all age this much".

+1!!!!

Leave it alone! You'll be SO sorry if you drink it all up and taste what the last one tastes like and realize they could ALL have been that good. Go buy some good microbrews, start your next batch and leave this one alone!

Brew 5 Gallon or better batches so you can have a few green if you like....I poped my first one Sunday after 7 days in bottle...I enjoyed it...I'll pop the top on one more this weekend when it hits the 14 day mark....From there I'll have at least a case that will stay put back for lot longer but on Saint Patties day I'm drinking a case....

Yeah, I have a few more small batches to make before I can pony up and get the stuff to make 5 gallon batches. I had the gallon carboys already so it was a low investment startup for me with the 1 gallon batches. I may do a midway 3 gallon setup before I go full 5 gallon... not sure yet. Either way I am definitely hooked.

Back