My order from the Homebrewery landed!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadKarma

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I got my fresh yeast replacements for a batch of cider and sanitation supplies. Since my hospital stay in Aug. getting around and stamina in my legs has been a challenge, but I'm managing. Got around and dug out all of my brewing equipment and took stock of what I have. 3 kettles, 3 gal, 4 gal and an 8 gal. 2 lauter tuns, 3 gal and a 5 gal. 1 5 gal glass carboy, a 6 1/2 gal glass car, 2-3 gal better bottle, 1-3 gal glass car, 3-2 1/2 gal glass cars. I didn't bother counting the buckets or the bottles. Gonna double check the bulkheads in the cooler tuns make sure they didn't dry out.

This weekend, a batch of cider going into a fermenter. Gonna start a the cleaning/sanitizing process. Already ordered a new refractometer, couldn't find my old one. Bought a new install of Beersmith. Also, dug out all of my old Zymergy and BYO and books. Dang, wish I hadn't given away my copy of The Brewnasters Bible.

Okay, that's enough for one day. Feels good to be back! Feels like running into an old friend. I'm tired, sore, but I'm smiling!!

Gonna sit back and read my copy of Classic Beer Styles--Mild Ale.

In Aug. I went to the ER not feeling well at all, barely able to walk. In 3 hours I was wheeled into the critical care unit. I had total kidney failure and a GI bleed. I got 4 units of blood and the Dr.s told me that I should not have been walking and talking. 24 hours would have been the difference in survival. I was in the hospital a total of 10 days and in 5 days of dialysis, the technician took 80 lbs of fluid off of me.

It was a very close call

I had total kidney failure and a GI bleed. I got 4 units of blood and the Dr.s told me that I should not have been walking and talking. 24 hours would have been the difference in survival.

It was a very close call

That's a WAY too close call, none of my business, but is it ok for you to drink alcohol after all that?

Back